Windows 10: Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

Discus and support Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen So I just wait, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops!

Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk.

Can I just murder it somehow?

Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU? 1fe0a15c-1c66-486e-9f9a-b5932b77c3dc?upload=true.png

Thanks!

:)

Stephen So I just wait, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Aug 17, 2019
  3. RuthTO Win User
    High CPU usage with Modern Setup Host

Lately I have been having issues with a process called "Modern Setup Host" using up wifi, modem, cpu etc to the point that I cannot use the computer. What's up? I have a 2 year old HP Spectre. Can I disable? VERY frustrating.

RuthTO, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

Modern Setup Host

Hi Benjamin,

If you recently installed or updated your Windows 10, the Modern Setup Host might be the process that sets up Metro apps or other features of your device. These should settle down after a few days of time. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

1. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU? - Similar Threads - Modern Setup Host

2. Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working: hi, I am kunal.while i am upgrading to windows 11 through iso then while installation suddenly this line appears "Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working" and installation cancelled. Please help....
  3. What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?: [ATTACH]When you notice lag or overheating on your computer, the first place you check […] This article What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU: I have a Surface Go running Windows 10 not 10S, and recently last few weeks whenever it wakes from Sleep "Network List Service" starts using at least 30% of my CPU. Often my combined CPU use is 100%. This goes on for a minute or more. None of my other computers have this...
  5. Hidden CPU hogs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden CPU hogs: When high CPU usage is sapping a PC, I often can't find the cause in Task Manager. The total CPU use will be high, but no processes will be visible actually hogging the CPU. "Show all processes" or Resource Monitor don't reveal the culprit either. What is usually going on in...
  6. Modern Setup Host high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Modern Setup Host high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your computer has become slow and the Task Manager is showing high CPU and Memory usage by SetupHost.exe, you should check out this article. Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot high CPU or memory consumption by Modern Setup Host [...] This post...
  7. antimalware is hogging my cpu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    antimalware is hogging my cpu: how do I remove antimalware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-is-hogging-my-cpu/8e04655c-8234-4499-8e05-1430e3a57db8"
  8. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...
  9. Modern Setup Host

Modern Setup Host: Hi, My task manager was saying that my disk is at 100%, so I went to find a solution to fix it. I found a article saying to go to Task Manger and 'End Task' on 'Modern Setup Host'. So I went and done this. But now my pc is not installing any windows updates or any other...
  10. Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host: It gets thru part of the set up and I'm getting an error box that says Modern Setup Host has stopped working. I give up. I was hoping a repair would keep my app and docs, but I guess that option is not working. At some point I will do a clean install, if I can, I just don't...