Windows 10: Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.

Discus and support Will more RAM increase speed of downloads. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64-bitComputer type: DesktopInstallation Date: 2020-05-28 3:12:09 PM ------------------- I did download the latest windows 10 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johannes, May 29, 2020.

1. Johannes Win User

Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.

Windows 10 Home 64-bitComputer type: DesktopInstallation Date: 2020-05-28 3:12:09 PM
    -------------------
    I did download the latest windows 10 updates on both of our PC's.
    Both have 2.7 GHz, one has 16 GB and the other 12 GB.
    It took more than 5 hours to get them downloaded and installed on the PC with 12 GB, unfortunately did not time the download on the other PC, but it was a lot faster.
    Would the 4 GB more ram make that much of a difference?
    If I do end up wanting to change the one 4 GB stick for an 8 GB, do I need to change also the 8 GB to make sure they are properly pared or just get the one stick.
    A question about drivers. There are many driver updates available from HP, is it wise to install them or better to leave things as they are since there don't seem to be any problems.

Will more RAM increase speed of downloads. [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, May 29, 2020

2. How to increase dedicated video ram windows 10

i want to increase my dedicated video ram i have intel iris 5100 but i dont know how pls list a step by step way to increase it (windows 10)

muhammed dönmez, May 29, 2020
  3. tonysax49 Win User
    Solving Nokia’s C6-00 RAM memory and speed problems

For those who bought a Nokia C6-00 and are having some problems with its low RAM memory and speed (just as I did), I think I have some help… I hope these suggestions are helpful for you to become satisfied users (as I am
    now).

Step 1: upgrade software to v.40.2.021 (or a newer one if that exists). Remember to make a security copy.

Step 2: try not to run many applications at the same time.

Step 3: disable automatic key lock option (you’d better lock/unlock manually).

Step 4: disable touch screen vibrations and sounds (have you noticed that our device responds better and faster when it’s on 'silence' mode?).

Step 5: Use the RAMblow Pro application and, very important: enable the memory boost option.

Step 6: Try not to use NetQin antivirus and Mobile Guard. Although they are good (and free), they consume a lot or RAM memory, so they’re not for our device. I'm using Kaspersky and RAMblow right now and they’re working
    so fine (the problem is that they’re not free).

Step 7: Set your log duration to 1 day, or no log if possible. Normally, the call log list defaults to 30 days, but that’s completely unnecessary, at least from our speed point of view.

Step 8: Delete install log.

Step 9: Delete media log… Follow Screenshots.

The first 6 steps come from my own experience. The last three were taken from:
    http://www.s60v5world.info/2011/07/speed-up-your-nokia-s60-phone/

Besides, you can try following the method suggested in
    How to: Speed up your S60 device! | NokiaWorld Don’t ask me how it works, because it actually looks
    like a joke, but it really works and you will notice the difference… God knows how and why!!!! (you can read the comments by people at the bottom of page, including myself).

One last thing is that when I bought the device, the seller said to me that it is good to shut down the smartphone, take off the battery during 1 minute and restart it, once a day.

My phone’s free RAM memory and speed have increased substantially… and now it’s not hanging anymore.

Greetings.

tonysax49, May 29, 2020
  4. Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.

1. Will more RAM increase speed of downloads. - Similar Threads - more RAM increase

2. How to increase my download speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to increase my download speed?: Hello! Lately, my download speed has been much, much slower than usual. I used to have really fast download speeds but what is now supposed to take 60-70 seconds is taking more than an hour. How can I increase my speeds? Thanks....
  3. How to increase my download speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase my download speed?: Hello! Lately, my download speed has been much, much slower than usual. I used to have really fast download speeds but what is now supposed to take 60-70 seconds is taking more than an hour. How can I increase my speeds? Thanks....
  4. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  5. How to increase upload and download speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase upload and download speed in Windows 10: Do you know, with some little setting tweaks you can increase your Internet speed in Windows 10? In this article, we present you with some simple tips to increase upload and download speed in Windows 10. Increase upload and download speed in Windows 10 These are the things...
  6. Increasing RAM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Increasing RAM: I have a lumia 950, is there a way to increase ram from 3 to 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-ram/0ec73083-aec0-422e-b95f-b05f60f85e21
  7. Increasing RAM

Increasing RAM: Is it possible to increase the RAM on a 4GB EVOO 11.6 ultra thin laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-ram/392a8462-99d3-461a-bc59-87a20b34f17a
  8. Increase RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase RAM: Hello my Son connects to a server, which asks him to allocate RAM, his laptop does t have much, is there a way of using the SSD as virtual RAM which would be acceptable to the server ? thanks 154126
  9. Increase the Ram

Increase the Ram: Can I increase my laptop ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-the-ram/543b890a-ddbe-4a8a-839f-1234841ada8b
  10. ram increase

ram increase: hey guys i wanna increase my ram from 4gb to 16gb or if possible 32gb i have windows 10 dell inspiron 5558 64bit and i just wanted to know if i can do it please tell me whether my laptop will support the ram increase or not... the hdd capacity is 500gb if not 16gb or 32gb...