Windows 10: Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ?

Discus and support Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a 32 bit Win Pro OS, with a i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz and 4 GB of RAM (3.49 GB usable). It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 graphics card. So a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AquaticEcology, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ?

Hello,

I have a 32 bit Win Pro OS, with a i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz and 4 GB of RAM (3.49 GB usable). It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 graphics card. So a tidy unit.

I wanted to speed this machine up for work purposes, we multi-task a lot.

Will general computer speed be enhanced with more RAM (it has 2 spare slots) ? I have heard 2 opinions, the general internet opinion says yes definitely, but my IT guy says no, this OS can only use a max of 4 GB, and I'm better to fit a SSD.

Which one is correct?

:)

AquaticEcology, Aug 4, 2019

2. Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I have corsair Vengeance pro 16 GB ram 1866 mhz installed, Bios cpu z show it at this speed but task manager shows ram speed at 1400 mhz. Is this a cosmetic error for win 10? How do I fix it?

Original title: Task manager and RAm speed

RobertWillmott, Aug 4, 2019
  3. tonysax49 Win User
    Solving Nokia’s C6-00 RAM memory and speed problems

For those who bought a Nokia C6-00 and are having some problems with its low RAM memory and speed (just as I did), I think I have some help… I hope these suggestions are helpful for you to become satisfied users (as I am
    now).

Step 1: upgrade software to v.40.2.021 (or a newer one if that exists). Remember to make a security copy.

Step 2: try not to run many applications at the same time.

Step 3: disable automatic key lock option (you’d better lock/unlock manually).

Step 4: disable touch screen vibrations and sounds (have you noticed that our device responds better and faster when it’s on 'silence' mode?).

Step 5: Use the RAMblow Pro application and, very important: enable the memory boost option.

Step 6: Try not to use NetQin antivirus and Mobile Guard. Although they are good (and free), they consume a lot or RAM memory, so they’re not for our device. I'm using Kaspersky and RAMblow right now and they’re working
    so fine (the problem is that they’re not free).

Step 7: Set your log duration to 1 day, or no log if possible. Normally, the call log list defaults to 30 days, but that’s completely unnecessary, at least from our speed point of view.

Step 8: Delete install log.

Step 9: Delete media log… Follow Screenshots.

The first 6 steps come from my own experience. The last three were taken from:
    http://www.s60v5world.info/2011/07/speed-up-your-nokia-s60-phone/

Besides, you can try following the method suggested in
    How to: Speed up your S60 device! | NokiaWorld Don’t ask me how it works, because it actually looks
    like a joke, but it really works and you will notice the difference… God knows how and why!!!! (you can read the comments by people at the bottom of page, including myself).

One last thing is that when I bought the device, the seller said to me that it is good to shut down the smartphone, take off the battery during 1 minute and restart it, once a day.

My phone’s free RAM memory and speed have increased substantially… and now it’s not hanging anymore.

Greetings.

tonysax49, Aug 4, 2019
  4. vpr5703 Win User

Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ?

RAM not running at correct speed.

In your case both are correct. The BIOS is displaying the DDR4 speed (2133MHz) and Windows is displaying the actual clock speed of the RAM (1067MHz.) DDR4 speeds are listed as twice the clock rate because DDR transfers data twice in one clock cycle. So,
    1067*2 ~ 2133. Nothing is wrong here.

vpr5703, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ?

1. Will more RAM speed up my Win Pro PC ? - Similar Threads - more RAM speed

2. SPEEDING UP MY PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SPEEDING UP MY PC: HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE +MEMORY IN THE PC SO IT WILL BE WORKING FASTER/CORRECTING WRONG POP UPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speeding-up-my-pc/081588ce-8809-433a-8dba-5278d0750156
  3. SPEEDING UP MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SPEEDING UP MY PC: HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE +MEMORY IN THE PC SO IT WILL BE WORKING FASTER/CORRECTING WRONG POP UPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speeding-up-my-pc/081588ce-8809-433a-8dba-5278d0750156
  4. SPEEDING UP MY PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up more and more of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up more and more of my ram: hi, I had recently upgraded to windows 11 via the installation assistant, since then I have been facing a problem that dwm.exe is eating up more and more of my ram, I will be sure to upload a screenshot. I also tried all the ways in the internet to fix this but none of them...
  6. Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up more and more of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up more and more of my ram: hi, I had recently upgraded to windows 11 via the installation assistant, since then I have been facing a problem that dwm.exe is eating up more and more of my ram, I will be sure to upload a screenshot. I also tried all the ways in the internet to fix this but none of them...
  7. Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?: Hi, I was thinking to add additional RAM on my computer to make it faster. I know that in some cases adding memory will not make any difference because there is a certain limit with the motherboard, I am not sure if I understand how that works. Attached is the snippet showing...
  8. Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?: Hi, I was thinking to add additional RAM on my computer to make it faster. I know that in some cases adding memory will not make any difference because there is a certain limit with the motherboard, I am not sure if I understand how that works. Attached is the snippet showing...
  9. Speed up startup on Win 10 PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speed up startup on Win 10 PC?: How do I speed up my startup on my Win 10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-up-startup-on-win-10-pc/53ed0d8f-9575-4909-93b0-fac668b75a2a
  10. Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will more RAM increase speed of downloads.: Windows 10 Home 64-bitComputer type: DesktopInstallation Date: 2020-05-28 3:12:09 PM ------------------- I did download the latest windows 10 updates on both of our PC's. Both have 2.7 GHz, one has 16 GB and the other 12 GB. It took more than 5 hours to get them downloaded...