Windows 10: Will MS release a windows 10 32 bit operating system?

Discus and support Will MS release a windows 10 32 bit operating system? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will Microsoft release a windows 10 32 bit operating system? The reason I ask this it is not clear. If Microsoft is not going to release a 32 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Nov 3, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Will MS release a windows 10 32 bit operating system?

Will Microsoft release a windows 10 32 bit operating system? The reason I ask this it is not clear. If Microsoft is not going to release a 32 bit operating system for windows 10, I will be wasting my time testing windows 10. The reason is most likely some programs and drivers that work with 32 bit system will not work with 64 bit system.

:)

groze, Nov 3, 2014
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Will 32-Bit Office 2010 work on a new 64-bit machine?

Yes it certainly will. I am using that exact mix right now.

Although it was not tested on Win 10 when it was released, Office 2010 does work on Win 10

Actually, MS STILL defaults to installing 32 bit Office even on 64 bit Windows. Mostly as a hold over from original release of 64bit Office because then, and still now to a lesser extent, many addon makers did not bother making 64 bit version of their tools
    (no market). That included MS!

Rohn007, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Venkataramani,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to upgrade from 32 bit operating system to 64 bit operating system. Upgrade from cross-architecture is not supported. An upgrade will happen from a Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 10 32 bit operating system and from
    Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit operating system.

If you need any further information, please post your question and we’ll be happy to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

I do not believe MS had made a Technical Preview test versions of both x86 and x64 if they were not planning to publish both. So the answer is yes, you can download and test the free Technical Preview x86 now and buy one when the final product is released.

Kari, Nov 3, 2014
  5. AddRAM Win User
    A 64 Bit OS has a 32 bit program folder, Vista ,7, 8 , 10 all have one, so no worries.

As Kari says, they will more then likely have a 32 bit system. They would be cutting off way too many people if they didn't.

AddRAM, Nov 3, 2014
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    The day is coming when Windows will be 64 bit only. This would make things somewhat easier for Microsoft. But I don't think that day has arrived yet. There are still too many computers that are not 64 capable, too many corporations that still require support for 16 bit software, too many devices for which there will never be 64 bit drivers. It is highly likely that there will be a 32 version of Windows 10. As for what comes after Windows 10, that may change.

LMiller7, Nov 3, 2014
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Yep, I`ve done many migrations and new pc installs, but there are many Windows 2000 or XP machines that can`t be touched because the programs the company uses won`t run on anything else, and no way they`re gonna pay to have another program made up. Axalta comes to mind, they had many old machines that could not be touched.

Fortunately or not for us, the average home user, we just have to move along.

AddRAM, Nov 3, 2014
  8. Mystere Win User

As long as there are 32 bit processors that are supported by Windows, they will release a 32 bit version of Windows. Intel is still shipping 32-bit Atom CPU's for use in Tablets and netbooks, so until the day comes when those are completely gone... and no longer supported, Windows will have a 32 bit version.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will MS release a windows 10 32 bit operating system? - Similar Threads - release bit operating

2. Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system: I need to have a virtual 32-bit operating system Windows inside my 64-bit Windows10. How to proceed? Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-and-virtual-32-bit-virtual-operating/6e123c8c-eb5d-4649-9ded-aa8433b639a9
  3. 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32-bit operating system and x64-based processor: Is there any problem to have a 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor. Can my system be updated to x64 based system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-operating-system-and-x64-based-processor/18a179d0-fdb3-4eec-afdb-00f63091978a
  4. install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system: My laptop has 64 bit system and only 2 GB ram non up-gradable and I want to use Windows 10 32 bit in order to lessen the usage of RAM. installing a windows 10 64 bit OS is fine on my windows 10 computer, when i try installing a 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine, i always get...
  5. Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit operating system upgrade to Windows 10 Proffesional 64-bit...

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit operating system upgrade to Windows 10 Proffesional 64-bit...: How can i upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit operating system to Windows 10 Proffesional 64-bit operating system Currently i am having Windows 7 32-bit operating system laptop The following is the information about my laptop: [ATTACH]...
  6. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  7. 32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor: Hello so I need some advice. Currently I have an old core 2 duo e8400 with 4gb of RAM integrated graphics running the 32-bit version of Windows 10. I only use the computer for PS4 remote play and watching YouTube / Netflix. Would it be worth reinstalling Windows 10 to the...
  8. MY WINDOWS 10 ON 32 BIT SYSTEM

MY WINDOWS 10 ON 32 BIT SYSTEM: MY Toshiba WINDOWS 10 ON 32 BIT SYSTEM BEGAN TO LOOP CONTINUOUSLY ON AN UPDATE AND SAYS IT IS UNINSTALLING UPDATE HOW CAN I GET A REPAIR AND RECOVER DISK OR USB. I DONT HAVE ANOTHER SYSTEM THAT HAS THE SAME SYSTEM...
  9. NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems: I agree with the gaming updates being shuddered (most gamers have long since moved on) but security updates should continue as long as MS supports the OS. This is a dangerous precedent being made here of abandoning still supported operating systems. AMD did this a while ago...
  10. End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

in Windows 10 News
    End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems: After Release 390, NVIDIA will no longer release drivers for 32-bit operating systems1 for any GPU architecture. Later driver release versions will not operate, nor install, on 32-bit operating systems. Driver enhancements, driver optimizations, and operating system features...