Windows 10: Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

Discus and support Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created a usb with 3 OS namely Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 altogether with MBR partitioning scheme thru my PC which is also running under MBR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

I have created a usb with 3 OS namely Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 altogether with MBR partitioning scheme thru my PC which is also running under MBR. I want to know whether this same USB can be used in my laptop Lenovo G50 -70 to install the OSes.
    My laptop is having GPT partitioning scheme with UEFI. If I disable secure boot, I think this USB will boot but will the installation go interrupted from a USB with MBR to a system having GPT partitioning scheme?
    Please clear my doubts.
    thanks
    ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015
  2. suat.cini Win User

New computer, cant boot to install Windows

If the M/B in question is not UEFI-compliant, then USB boot disk created by Rufus will not boot. Rufus creates USB boot disk only to install OS on systems with UEFI motherboards. GPT or MBR partitioning does not matter. But M/B must be UEFI type.

I had this experience once.

suat.cini, Nov 19, 2015
  3. I can not install windows 7 with windows 10

You need to convert the disk drive from GPT to MBR.

EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition (Free):

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to create a bootable USB /Flash drive: Create a bootable USB drive partition manager to manage partitions.

ALL-IN-ONE partition software and the most convenient hard disk partition manager toolkit

Includes Partition Manager, Disk & Partition Copy Wizard and Partition Recovery Wizard on MBR and GUID partition table (GPT) disk under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 (32 bit and 64 bit).

It allows users to Resize/Move Partition, Extend System Drive, Copy Disk & Partition, Merge Partition, Split Partition, Redistribute Free Space, Convert Dynamic Disk,
    Convert GPT Disk to MBR, Partition Recovery and much more.

User Guide:
    http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/GPT-disk-partition-manager/convert-gpt-disk-to-mbr-disk.htm

: http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

1. Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work? - Similar Threads - Multi USB MBR

2. All USB devices not working - OS problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB devices not working - OS problem: Hello, The other day I was downloading a steam game and left my PC to it. I came back a few hours later to find my mouse pointer had disappeared and all my USB devices had stopped working. I have to press F1 each time I boot my PC due to a dicky BIOS and my keyboard lights...
  3. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  4. windows 10 update corruption of OS or MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update corruption of OS or MBR: How do you prevent a windows 10 update from corrupting your OS before starting the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-corruption-of-os-or-mbr/52fa5e77-5776-4bd0-8521-f4ef564cac59
  5. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  6. Multi type cardreader on USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi type cardreader on USB: Hi there, I try to get a Multi-standard cardreader working on / in my Windows 10 PC. Windows reacts when I connect the USB cable but no cards are recognized. So my question is "Does Windows 10 support these devices and if so where can I find a driver?" Awaiting any...
  7. Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.

Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.: i7-5820k, 3.3GHz Asus X-99A/USB 3.1 mobo 16gigs Ram AMD RX480 8gig Win 10/7 I am dual booting win 10 and 7. The install of 10 went smooth and I had the wonderful blue menu screen for some time. Attachment 164426 However, since the Creators update on 10 all I have...
  8. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...
  9. Multi Recovery Partitions

Multi Recovery Partitions: Folks: I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with an upgraded Windows 10 installed. Always perform Windows Update but did not pay attention too closely. When the drive space was low and started looking a little bit closer, I found out that I have several Recovery Partitions. From Disk...
  10. Change Multi-Partition Configuration

Change Multi-Partition Configuration: I have attached a file to show the current configuration of my hard drive. Historically, I purchased the computer with Vista OS and then added the Windows 7 and Windows 10 partitions later as as these OSs became available. I am now running out of space on my hard drive and...