Windows 10: Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

Discus and support Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created a usb with 3 OS namely Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 altogether with MBR partitioning scheme thru my PC which is also running under MBR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

I have created a usb with 3 OS namely Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 altogether with MBR partitioning scheme thru my PC which is also running under MBR. I want to know whether this same USB can be used in my laptop Lenovo G50 -70 to install the OSes.
    My laptop is having GPT partitioning scheme with UEFI. If I disable secure boot, I think this USB will boot but will the installation go interrupted from a USB with MBR to a system having GPT partitioning scheme?
    Please clear my doubts.
    thanks
    ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015
  2. suat.cini Win User

New computer, cant boot to install Windows

If the M/B in question is not UEFI-compliant, then USB boot disk created by Rufus will not boot. Rufus creates USB boot disk only to install OS on systems with UEFI motherboards. GPT or MBR partitioning does not matter. But M/B must be UEFI type.

I had this experience once.

suat.cini, Nov 19, 2015
  3. I can not install windows 7 with windows 10

You need to convert the disk drive from GPT to MBR.

EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition (Free):

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to create a bootable USB /Flash drive: Create a bootable USB drive partition manager to manage partitions.

ALL-IN-ONE partition software and the most convenient hard disk partition manager toolkit

Includes Partition Manager, Disk & Partition Copy Wizard and Partition Recovery Wizard on MBR and GUID partition table (GPT) disk under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 (32 bit and 64 bit).

It allows users to Resize/Move Partition, Extend System Drive, Copy Disk & Partition, Merge Partition, Split Partition, Redistribute Free Space, Convert Dynamic Disk,
    Convert GPT Disk to MBR, Partition Recovery and much more.

User Guide:
    http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/GPT-disk-partition-manager/convert-gpt-disk-to-mbr-disk.htm

: http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work?

1. Will Multi OS USB with MBR partition work? - Similar Threads - Multi USB MBR

2. Two MBR and System partitions with one Windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two MBR and System partitions with one Windows partition: After a few instances of the blue screen of death with "critical process died" I decided to do a clean install Windows 10. Made a recovery USB and a clone of my SSD first. Did a clean install of Windows from within window, but the process froze at 26% and later jumped to 100%...
  3. Formatting multi partition HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting multi partition HDD: Hey I have just removed an 2.5" 500gb hdd from my old broken xbox one. I want to use it as spare portable hdd, for which I have a 3.0 USB HDD case. I would like to format the HDD with windows disk managment or any other HDD mangament tools (like AOMEI Partition Manager) but...
  4. Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks: I'm trying to convert my MBR partition (which is on an HDD) to a GPT-based boot record, but my OS install is on an SSD (i.e. a different drive than the MBR). I'm not exactly sure how this happened when I was installing Windows; I think the HDD was set as disk 0 while the SSD...
  5. Mbr on USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mbr on USB stick?: Hello everybody! It is about installing Kali Linux on a USB stick. A normal dual boot with two partitions would have GRUB in the mbr of the Hdd. I'm just not quite sure if if if I install Kali not on a second partition but on the USB stick, then GRUB in the mbr is...
  6. mbr gpt partition help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mbr gpt partition help: hello guys I need help, in windows 10 I converted the ssd disk with mbr partition to gpt using the mbr2gpt / convert command from cmd. Everything works perfect and windows works in uefi mode. but it turns out that I want to install on another partition of another hard drive...
  7. Remove MBR partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove MBR partitions: I have a 10 TB hard drive installed on my computer strictly for back up and long term storage. Unfortunately I am only able to access 2TB because of a MBR partition the rest of the drive remains unallocated. How do I remove this partition so that I may have access to the...
  8. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...
  9. Multi Recovery Partitions

Multi Recovery Partitions: Folks: I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with an upgraded Windows 10 installed. Always perform Windows Update but did not pay attention too closely. When the drive space was low and started looking a little bit closer, I found out that I have several Recovery Partitions. From Disk...
  10. Change Multi-Partition Configuration

Change Multi-Partition Configuration: I have attached a file to show the current configuration of my hard drive. Historically, I purchased the computer with Vista OS and then added the Windows 7 and Windows 10 partitions later as as these OSs became available. I am now running out of space on my hard drive and...