Windows 10: Will my computer need USB to boot every time now?

Discus and support Will my computer need USB to boot every time now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I am installing 32bit legacy windows in my boot mode and changed the boot priority to usb flash drive to 1st in the order and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuchiAgarwal15, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Will my computer need USB to boot every time now?

Hey, I am installing 32bit legacy windows in my boot mode and changed the boot priority to usb flash drive to 1st in the order and am jn the process currently of the install so the next time whule booting uo will i have to use my USB to boot every time or it will automatically boot from my harddrive??Regards.

:)

RuchiAgarwal15, Jun 17, 2021

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Megahertz Win User
    No boot from USB

As Kyhi mentioned, If you're booting from a USB drive, it doesn't matter what you have on your laptop drive.
    How are you pointing to boot from the USB drive, by BIOS priority or by boot menu during POST?
    Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.
    3. Select the EFI USB drive

PS.: You can only boot as UEFI if the OS is 64 bits. Is your Linux on the USB drive 64 bits version?
    Is the USB drive formatted as Fat32?

Megahertz, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Will my computer need USB to boot every time now?

Windows10 needs to boot twice every time to make USB working

Hi Ho,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I understand your point, however it may fix the issue, if it could be due to USB drivers.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the previous post and get back to us with the results.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Will my computer need USB to boot every time now?

1. Will my computer need USB to boot every time now? - Similar Threads - computer need USB

2. Lenovo B50 OS windows7 need USB to boot every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo B50 OS windows7 need USB to boot every time: I am facing a strange problem. I installed Windows 7 on my laptop From DVD after installation system did not boot just Lenovo and the black screen again and again.I re-installed Windows from a bootable USB. Now I have to use my USB to boot every time. Without USB System the...
  3. Lenovo B50 OS windows7 need USB to boot every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo B50 OS windows7 need USB to boot every time: I am facing a strange problem. I installed Windows 7 on my laptop From DVD after installation system did not boot just Lenovo and the black screen again and again.I re-installed Windows from a bootable USB. Now I have to use my USB to boot every time. Without USB System the...
  4. Getting BSODs every now and again when booting the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSODs every now and again when booting the computer: Hello, I have been getting BSODs when booting up my computer. Usually it happens and then the computer shuts down, but works normally if I turn it on again like in most of the dumps here. Sometimes it boots up normally. Sometimes it happens if I try to restart it last time it...
  5. Getting BSODs every now and again when booting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSODs every now and again when booting the computer: Hello, I have been getting BSODs when booting up my computer. Usually it happens and then the computer shuts down, but works normally if I turn it on again like in most of the dumps here. Sometimes it boots up normally. Sometimes it happens if I try to restart it last time it...
  6. BSOD Every Time I Boot My Computer Suddenly Happening

BSOD Every Time I Boot My Computer Suddenly Happening: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit Build 19043 Version 21H1 and I have suddenly started experiencing BSOD whenever I turn on the computer. The system immediately shuts down and restarts and usually boots into Windows fine after this initial blue screen. Please find below...
  7. Computer produces USB insert sound every time for no reason

Computer produces USB insert sound every time for no reason: Good morning/Good evening ! My computer keeps on producing USB insert sound without any reason every time I try to use it and it annoys me a lot. If somebody has any fix for it please suggest it to me, i will appreciate it a lot. I've tried disabling notification sounds but...
  8. Need to Boot by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement Every Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to Boot by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement Every Time: Hello everyone, A couple of days ago my Windows 10 crashed and I got the following message: Stop code: DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS What failed: USBSTOR.SYS After that, I couldn't boot the windows. I did a system restore, but the system...
  9. Need to restart Windows Explorer every time my computer wakes up

Need to restart Windows Explorer every time my computer wakes up: 1. Whenever my computer wakes from being asleep, Windows Explorer does not function. I have to CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to restart Windows Explorer from task manager before I get my start menu, task bar or folders back. I got this brand new desktop a few months ago, and this has been a...
  10. Windows10 needs to boot twice every time to properly load the USB drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 needs to boot twice every time to properly load the USB drivers.: This started following the upgrade from Windows 7 64 Pro to Windows 10 64 Pro. I have updatedevery USB driver and I have reinstalled every controller. It is very consistent; Cold boot -->problem, followed by restart --> fixed. I will try two consecutive cold boots. If they...