Windows 10: Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows?

Discus and support Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm just upgrading from win8 to windows 10 via the installer will this savethe data on my pc or will it format my pc submitted by /u/NOT_Dx [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NOT_Dx, May 22, 2020.

1. /u/NOT_Dx Win User

Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows?

I'm just upgrading from win8 to windows 10 via the installer will this savethe data on my pc or will it format my pc

submitted by /u/NOT_Dx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NOT_Dx, May 22, 2020

2. Windows 10: Delete synced and favorites data

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you want to delete irrelevant data stored in the Computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
    • If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.
    • If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
    Method 2: Clear Favorites data.

• Click Start
    • Click Computer
    • In the address bar, paste this location: %userprofile%
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the
      %userprofile%
      folder
    • Right click on the folder, select open and you can delete the data listed under the folder.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 22, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 22, 2020
  4. michael Win User

Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows? - Similar Threads - data deleted upgrade

2. Will my all data deleted when I am upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my all data deleted when I am upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11.: Hi I am mistakenly choosen windows upgrade option. Now my Windows 10 is upgrading to windows 11. My question is after upgrade will all my data remains as it or it will be deleted...
  3. Will my all data deleted when I am upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will my all data deleted when I am upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11.: Hi I am mistakenly choosen windows upgrade option. Now my Windows 10 is upgrading to windows 11. My question is after upgrade will all my data remains as it or it will be deleted...
  4. Will my all data deleted when I am upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WILL MY DATA BE DELETED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WILL MY DATA BE DELETED: WILL MY WIN 10 DATA BE DELETED IF I UPGRADE TO WIN 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-be-deleted/ed96301a-65ad-45b5-afd9-31a26b94c72a
  6. WILL MY DATA BE DELETED

WILL MY DATA BE DELETED: WILL MY WIN 10 DATA BE DELETED IF I UPGRADE TO WIN 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-be-deleted/ed96301a-65ad-45b5-afd9-31a26b94c72a
  7. If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?: Will my files get deleted when i upgrade to windows 11 from a windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-will-my-files-get/64053251-c1a7-4c48-b2c7-fc1c4f131400
  8. If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?

If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?: Will my files get deleted when i upgrade to windows 11 from a windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-will-my-files-get/64053251-c1a7-4c48-b2c7-fc1c4f131400
  9. Can I get my Diagnostic Data deleted back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I get my Diagnostic Data deleted back?: Dear Microsoft Community, I just deleted my Diagnostic data by mistake today and my important data is now deleted. I have a question that can I get my Diagnostic data deleted by me back?...
  10. If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?: If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/1e1199fe-ba67-4ce1-925c-6c112d2c3403