Windows 10: Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2

Discus and support Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just need to know that if we update our Windows to the new 20H2 will my Data get lost? Thanks for the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robooo_, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Robooo_ Win User

Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2

Hello, I just need to know that if we update our Windows to the new 20H2 will my Data get lost?

Thanks for the help

:)

Robooo_, Oct 31, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2 :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 31, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2

Straight to Windows 10 Update, Version 20H2

I've never downloaded the version 2004, since people said that it's bugged. And I only use my phone as the main source of data connection. Now then there's another new update, version 20H2.

My question is, does update 20H2 covered up the version 2004? Like the update 20H2 already had the 2004 In it?

If it does how much GB will I consume downloading the update?

I've heard that update 2004 size is 4GB, Is the update 20H2 file size is another 4GB? or just 1GB?

Please do tell me the total file size.. Cause I really, really have a limited internet connection.

EnricoLuis, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2

1. Will my data get lost when updating to 20H2 - Similar Threads - data lost updating

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  6. Updates and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and lost data: Each month Microsoft does an update on my computer and each month all my data is lost. Why does this keep happening and how can I stop this happening each month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-and-lost-data/9652240b-05c9-4d62-8e41-d3c1d0b3c51b
  7. lost all user data in windows 10 20h2

lost all user data in windows 10 20h2: please some one help me to recover the user data for the windows 10 pc,i currently updated to 20h2 version ,it seems working good for some days but when i switched on my pc today i lost everything...
  8. Lost all my data

Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...
  9. Lost DATA

Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730
  10. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...