Windows 10: Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new...

Discus and support Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I deleted the system reserved partition as in a youtube tutorial on installing windows 10. I was hoping for my pc to create one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FirestormM3GTR, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new...

Hi everyone, I deleted the system reserved partition as in a youtube tutorial on installing windows 10. I was hoping for my pc to create one automatically when I create a new partition to install windows 10, but it didn't. I installed windows 10 to the new partition anyway and it installed and worked okay , but will I face any problems in the future with the "system reserved partition" missing in my pc? Is it possible to create a new one if necessary?

submitted by /u/FirestormM3GTR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FirestormM3GTR, Feb 27, 2021
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Feb 27, 2021
  3. system reserved partition

I gave you a video tutorial for how to Extend the System Reserved into C:

http://partitionwizard.com/video-help/extend_pa...

If the Extend function is no longer free then use Resize:

1) First Resize the left end of the C partition to the right by 500mb, Apply step..

2) Next Resize the right end of the System Reserved partition into the new space you created in C, Apply.

You may need to add a drive letter first to System Reserved as I've now written twice.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new...

Anthony Gal, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new...

1. Will my desktop pc work fine without a system reserved partition? How could I create a new... - Similar Threads - desktop fine without

2. How to create system reserved partition during windows installation ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create system reserved partition during windows installation ?: Hello everyone!During Windows installation I found three primary partitions just like in the image, but there is no system reserved partition, I know that the system will ask to create it if I delete all the partitions and recreate them but I can only delete the first one...
  3. How to create system reserved partition during windows installation ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create system reserved partition during windows installation ?: Hello everyone!During Windows installation I found three primary partitions just like in the image, but there is no system reserved partition, I know that the system will ask to create it if I delete all the partitions and recreate them but I can only delete the first one...
  4. How to create system reserved partition during windows installation ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

Windows could not update system reserved partition error: Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it. Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing.[ATTACH]...
  6. How to create a System Reserved Partition???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a System Reserved Partition???: In my laptop, i have 2 drives,first one is 1TB HDD which is completely empty and have no System Reserved Partition but second one is 120GB SSD, in which the windows 10 is installed and it also do have 549MB System Reserved partition. My question is there any to way to create...
  7. Windows 10 without system reserved partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 without system reserved partitions: Hi can anybody please explain these two questions: A- How many are the partitions that windows 10 automatically creates during installation, what are they for and what is it stored in them? B- if I choose not to have them (for example by creating the windows partition with...
  8. Setup: Could not create new partition

Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...
  9. Will it use the same system reserved partition or create a new one?

Will it use the same system reserved partition or create a new one?: Last week when I clean-installed 1607, a 500 MB system reserved partition was created. There had been no such partition when I was running 1511. Question 1: Next time when I clean-install Windows, will it use this same partition or create a new one? Question 2: Next time...
  10. How to boot Win10 without the System Reserved Partition ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to boot Win10 without the System Reserved Partition ?: It is possible in Win8. If it is possible in Win10, I'd like to know how. 5233