Windows 10: Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is it safe to use Local Disk (D*Smile as my backup storage? i don't have an extra HDD so i want to transfer my files from (C*Smile to (D*Smile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alfa server, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

Hi, Is it safe to use Local Disk (D*Smile as my backup storage? i don't have an extra HDD so i want to transfer my files from (C*Smile to (D*Smile instead but i'm worried Windows might delete them if i do the reinstallation.

:)

alfa server, Jan 3, 2016

2. Recover deleted data

Hello!!

I installed my acer Laptop window 7 to window 10.

My Laptop had 2 Disk drive Local Disk (CWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) and Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :).

I deleted all data my Local Disk (CWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) during installation.

After finished that my window 7 was Updated to window 10.

But in window 10 my Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) and data form Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) was lost.

I think the data was deleted.

I had very important data on my Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :).

So, How can I get back or recover that data.

Please, Help me!!!!!

Santosh Gautham, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 Disk D FULL???

Hi,

When you scan your computer using Windows Defender, it will delete those files automatically or it will move those files to Quarantine which you can delete later on. Upon seeing the scan results of Windows Defender, it seems that it is detecting that your
    backup files are threats. Since the files are backup files, it is possible that they are the reason why your Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) drive is full. Like what
    lacrumb mentioned, if you're using a backup program that backs up your files in the Local Disk (CWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :) and saves it in the Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :), it will definitely take the majority of the disk space. We recommend that you access the Local Disk (DWill my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 :)
    and check what are the files there that you can delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

as long as you re-install to partition C - you should be fine with the files on partition D
    As long as you do not delete the current partition scheme

Kyhi, Jan 3, 2016
  5. What if (D*Smile becomes full? I just finished transferring my files to (D*Smile and found out i had insufficient space and now i still have 8 gb worth of data left on (C*Smile. Is it okay to leave them there? I put them C:\Users\Username\Documents. I heard that Windows always leaves the User's Folder untouched during Reinstallation/Reset. Is this true?

alfa server, Jan 3, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Is D: a separate physical disk or just a partition? If a partition it is not a good location for backups. If the drive fails you will lose everything. That happens even with new drives and often without warning or apparent cause.

LMiller7, Jan 3, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Suggest you back up REALLY CRITICAL files to cloud as well, just in case things go pearshaped.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

1. Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - files Local Disk

2. Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive: Basically what the title says. I don't know why or how this happened, but my local disk (d:) turned into a cd drive (d:). I can't access anything in it now. When I click it I get the message "please insert a disk into cd drive (d:)". I have too many important projects in that...
  3. MY LOCAL DISK D (ssd) VANISH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY LOCAL DISK D (ssd) VANISH: hello I NEED HELP I WAS following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sji1BDZY8QE doing everything up to the letter and like at minute 6:11 I realized that my local disk D (SSD) had disappeared what I do ?? IT DOSENT APPEAR IN DISK MANAGEMENT THE DISK CAME WITH THE...
  4. I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10: I have Kaspersky anti virus program to control my pc, and they found Trojan.Win32.Agent in D;/Wintools/HijackThis.exe I want to delete it and tried to open Drive D, but it does not allow me to open it. The Kaspersky has no object to remove this virus too What can I do ?...
  5. Local disk D access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local disk D access denied: How to fix this ? every i make new folder [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-d-access-denied/87950c78-4e50-43c3-bb09-faf6ea96b147
  6. access to local disk D

in Windows 10 Customization
    access to local disk D: couldnt access my local disk D even after reinstall the window. it desplayed you need to format disk in D before you can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-local-disk-d/a3404c38-db39-4674-a641-ca10f18f170c
  7. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...
  8. Unable to open Local Disk D

Unable to open Local Disk D: Hi, Somehow I can not open my Local Disk D at all. When I use the file explorer it only shows the Local Disk C but doesn't show how much space is left on it either. When I click on the icon, it doesn't respond at all too. I just bought this laptop a few days ago so I am...
  9. Local Disk D issue

Local Disk D issue: Hello, I recently started getting popup notifications that my Local Disk (D:) was almost full. When I couldn't figure out how to fix the issue on my own i decided to look on to the Microsoft Community for answers. I believe i resolved the issue which according to many...
  10. Can I install windows 10 on local disk D?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on local disk D?: And can i install windows 7 sp1 on local disk D too? 61010