Windows 10: will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?

Discus and support will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello everyone! i have an intel motherboard (i5, 15 years old), windows 10. i want to buy a new computer with an AMD ryzen processor and put in my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/laserher0, Nov 15, 2020.

1. will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?

hello everyone!

i have an intel motherboard (i5, 15 years old), windows 10. i want to buy a new computer with an AMD ryzen processor and put in my old hard disk. i don't want to install windows and all of my programs again, because that are waay too many.. my question is: will my old windows and hard disk work on my new computer, that had an intel processor, but now would have an AMD? are there ways to do that without problems/ installing everything again? (or is it better to buy a computer with an intel processor?) p.s. i dont want an other operating system, so please no linux or mac advices, thanks will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor? :)

thank you in advance! will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor? :))

submitted by /u/laserher0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/laserher0, Nov 15, 2020

2. PROCESSOR INTEL OR AMD OR SNAPDRAGON REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 1903 19H1

We know that , Microsoft has decided to release the final new edition of Windows 10 1903 codenamed 19H1 in the month of the year 2019.

Before installing windows 10 1903 , we should know the processor requirements .

According to docs.microsoft.com website ,microosft authors are published the list of supported processors from intel , amd and snapdragon

From intel

Up through the following 9th Generation Intel Processors.

Intel Core i3 Processors

Intel Core i5 Processors

Intel Core i7 Processors

Intel Core i9-9xxxK Processors

Intel Xeon E-21xx[1] Processors

Intel Atom J4xxx/J5xxx Processors

Intel Atom N4xxx/N5xxx Processors

Celeron Processors

Pentium Processors

NOTE: [1] Intel Xeon processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise only

From amdUp through the following AMD Processors

AMD 7th Generation Processors (A-Series Ax-9xxx & E-Series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx)

AMD Athlon 2xx Processors

AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 2xxx, AMD Opteron[2] Processors

AMD EPYC 7xxx[2] Processors

NOTE:: [2] AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise only

From qualcomm

Qualcomm Snapdragon 850

Source taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

Thanks for reading my post , If you like then , give UPVOTES to me

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

Read more: Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors | ZDNet

Brink, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?

Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

Read more: Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors | ZDNet

Brink, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?

1. will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor? - Similar Threads - intel installed AMD

2. AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series: hi all i have to confess when it comes to hardware I'm a bit of a noob my main laptop is a toshiba s50 , i7 , 8gb ram with 250ssd - main thing I use this for is DJing (I use Pioneer Rekordbox) for most other things I use my Chromebook however my windows laptop is dying...
  3. AMD Unveils AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 Processors: [media] AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today launched a new product in its high-performance Embedded processor family, the AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V2000 Series processor. Built on the innovative 7nm process technology, ‘Zen 2’ cores and high-performance AMD...
  4. AMD introduces Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD introduces Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop processors: [media] Welcome the all-new AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors. Built on the “Zen 3” architecture, the new desktop lineup delivers across-the-board leadership performance for gamers and content creators. Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) introduced...
  5. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....
  6. Introducing new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors: [media] Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processor line-up, with up to 64 cores and unrivalled bandwidth3 built with enterprise-grade AMD PRO technologies. Designed for professional workstations from OEMs and system integrators, AMD...
  7. New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors

in Windows 10 News
    New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the newest additions to the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processor family, the AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3100 and AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3300X processors and AMD B550 Chipset for Socket AM4 designed for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processors with over 60...
  8. AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen™ PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and...
  9. AMD Launches Embedded EPYC and Ryzen Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Launches Embedded EPYC and Ryzen Processors: ─ EPYC Embedded processors deliver up to 2.7X more performance-per-dollar1 and Ryzen Embedded processors deliver up to 3X more GPU performance2 ─SANTA CLARA, Calif. 2/21/2018 kwERyyABKdY AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced two new product families – the AMD EPYC™...
  10. Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors: For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. Must read: Has AMD...