Windows 10: Will my Microsoft Account log out if my laptop was reset?

Discus and support Will my Microsoft Account log out if my laptop was reset? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just lost my laptop recently. When i use Findmylaptop in my Microsoft account it still shows the location last time i used it. So is there anyway... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LinhLa, Oct 17, 2020.

1. LinhLa Win User

Will my Microsoft Account log out if my laptop was reset?

I've just lost my laptop recently. When i use Findmylaptop in my Microsoft account it still shows the location last time i used it.

So is there anyway to remove my account from that laptop when they dont know the password? Can reinstall Windows or "clean reset" unlink my account?

Thank you for your support

:)

LinhLa, Oct 17, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2020
  3. TonyG Win User
    Help logging in with incorrect microsoft account

Thanks for your reply Brink!

Yesterday I did exactly as recommended in the link,
    • Option Three: To Reset Password of your Microsoft Account Online at Microsoft
    This gave me access to the Microsoft account currently displaying on the windows 10 login screen (as tested by logging into outlook in a web browser). The problem is that it doesn't seem to be syncing to the computer in question as I have tried the newly reset password several times over the last 24 h with no luck. I am confident the computer is connected to a working internet connection.

Anything else I can try?

TonyG, Oct 17, 2020
  4. needsleep Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Will my Microsoft Account log out if my laptop was reset? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account log

2. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  3. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  4. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  5. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  6. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  8. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  9. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  10. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...