Windows 10: Will my non microsoft apps be deleted by forced update of windows

Discus and support Will my non microsoft apps be deleted by forced update of windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Also will it load all the rubbish that I don't want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VicPaine, Oct 2, 2020.

1. VicPaine Win User

Will my non microsoft apps be deleted by forced update of windows

Also will it load all the rubbish that I don't want.

:)

VicPaine, Oct 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Windows 8.1 Is Now Available

delete windows.*

Easy Rhino, Oct 2, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Oct 2, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Will my non microsoft apps be deleted by forced update of windows - Similar Threads - non microsoft apps

2. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  3. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  4. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FORCED REBOOT AND DELETING MY QUESTIONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FORCED REBOOT AND DELETING MY QUESTIONS: Since you are a bunch of snow fairies and we can't talk straight to you, here's a sugar coated version for your child mouths that is more pleasant to you;Stop the damn windows update forced reboot thing.I understand that you might live on another fantasy planet where all the...
  5. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FORCED REBOOT AND DELETING MY QUESTIONS

STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FORCED REBOOT AND DELETING MY QUESTIONS: Since you are a bunch of snow fairies and we can't talk straight to you, here's a sugar coated version for your child mouths that is more pleasant to you;Stop the damn windows update forced reboot thing.I understand that you might live on another fantasy planet where all the...
  6. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FORCED REBOOT AND DELETING MY QUESTIONS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.: How do I recover my cursor without losing hours worth of work? Microsoft just did a forced update. When it restarted I have no cursor. I can't reopen my tabs without a cursor. I can't do anything. Essentially Microsoft just destroyed my computer with a forced update....
  8. Install non microsoft apps

Install non microsoft apps: Trying to install a flash emulator called Newgrounds_Player. Install takes me to a screen that says I need to update Microsoft Store. There's also an option to install apps outside of Microsoft Store. I click that and it opens Microsoft Store on a screen that says I am...
  9. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  10. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.: A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is...