Windows 10: will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd

Discus and support will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,i have a dell xps 15 9560. whose ssd stopped working, so i am putting in a new ssd, if i do a clean install of windows, will it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rahulsinha6, Jul 21, 2021.

1. will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd

Hi,i have a dell xps 15 9560. whose ssd stopped working, so i am putting in a new ssd, if i do a clean install of windows, will it automatically activate or will i have to buy it again?

:)

rahulsinha6, Jul 21, 2021
  2. VishwasBP Win User

Activating Windows 10 on new SSD

Hi there

I have the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version with an OEM license activated on my laptop. I would like to replace my HDD with an SSD. I would like to understand how to activate the license on the new SSD. Please note that i would prefer to do a fresh install
    of the OS rather than cloning my HDD to SSD. Would the license be activated automatically or would there be any other steps involved. Please note that i would
    not be changing the motherboard, just the hard drive. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

VishwasBP, Jul 21, 2021
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Jul 21, 2021
  4. will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd

Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd

1. will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd - Similar Threads - oem activate ssd

2. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1
  3. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1
  4. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...: My old laptop stopped working. It had Windows 11 Home on it but it also has a 2TB SSD that will go into my new laptop which comes with a smaller SSD and Windows 11 64 Pro. I would like to keep all my programs and files without doing a drive clone or reloading my programs. Can...
  6. can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...

can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...: My old laptop stopped working. It had Windows 11 Home on it but it also has a 2TB SSD that will go into my new laptop which comes with a smaller SSD and Windows 11 64 Pro. I would like to keep all my programs and files without doing a drive clone or reloading my programs. Can...
  7. Putting in a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting in a ssd: can someone help, I have a 500gb ssd that i havent put in. Can someone tlel me how. I have a 256gb ssd curently dont know how many slots of ssd hard drives i have I also have 2tb hhd. Can i transfer all my current data to my hhd and then put in the ssd or is there another...
  8. Putting in a ssd

Putting in a ssd: can someone help, I have a 500gb ssd that i havent put in. Can someone tlel me how. I have a 256gb ssd curently dont know how many slots of ssd hard drives i have I also have 2tb hhd. Can i transfer all my current data to my hhd and then put in the ssd or is there another...
  9. SSD not working after putting it in my new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not working after putting it in my new build: For Christmas I got new parts and assembled the PC, but now my ssd from my old computer that has Windows 10 Pro OS on it is saying that its not a bootable drive. Any help?...
  10. New SSD activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New SSD activate Windows: I just upgraded my computer and purchased an SSD. I cloned my HDD and am now running Windows 10 from my new SSD. It would appear that I need to Activate Windows again now that it has been changed, but I'm unable. I followed the guide here:...