Windows 10: Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

Discus and support Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since its finally the end of support for windows 7, I have decided to upgrade it but unsure whether performance would take a hit. following are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Indic, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

Since its finally the end of support for windows 7, I have decided to upgrade it but unsure whether performance would take a hit.

following are the specs

• 2.2 GHz Intel Core i3 3rd Gen Processor
    • 4 GB DDR3 RAM
    • 500 GB Hard Drive

please let me know, if it would get really laggy.

submitted by /u/The_Indic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Indic, Aug 8, 2020

2. my acer laptop seems to be getting slower and slower.

I'm using windows 10 and have only used 100gb of 1.5tb but laptop is getting slower and slower.ive heard u can clean up internal hard drive but have no idea how or if anything I can do to speed up my laptop.its only a year old but used to be so fast.anyone
    help please?

danielfrancis1, Aug 8, 2020
  3. What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

1. Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10? - Similar Threads - old Laptop slower

2. My Laptop is now getting slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is now getting slower: So, it's been almost 2 yrs of owning my laptop. Maybe that's the reason for my laptop being slow, but I just don't have enough patience for chrome to load. It takes ages. While it may be worth noting that I do update my laptop regularly, and maintain fragmented disks. I also...
  3. My Laptop is now getting slower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop is now getting slower: So, it's been almost 2 yrs of owning my laptop. Maybe that's the reason for my laptop being slow, but I just don't have enough patience for chrome to load. It takes ages. While it may be worth noting that I do update my laptop regularly, and maintain fragmented disks. I also...
  4. My computer is getting slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is getting slower: My PC has been acting up for the past months and it's been bugging around with errors. Thankfully I got them resolved but my pc is getting slower and slower by the day even though I don't do anything much with it. I've played Minecraft on it for 7-8 months but it's being...
  5. This Laptop is Slower Than me, & I am Really Old

This Laptop is Slower Than me, & I am Really Old: I purchased a Lenovo Flex 5-1570 Processor is i5-1700u and 8 Gb RAM for my spouse and general house use a couple of years ago. I set it up and have hardly used it since --until today. This is the slowest device I have used since Windows 95. It starts slow and stays slow....
  6. Laptop running slower & slower

Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  7. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...
  8. Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages: Hi All, My girlfriend has a Toshiba Laptop bought with W10 installed so it isn't very old. It isn't a high end machine but it worked well. Recently it has started taking a long time to load pages with movies embedded, eg Facebook and sites with ads. I suspect that...
  9. Brand new laptop slower than old one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop slower than old one: Two weeks ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320. The specs are in the "System Two" tab of the 'My Computers' info below. The problem is everything runs much slower than my older laptop ("System One" below). The worst issue is that Chrome takes 13 seconds to launch a completely...
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...