Windows 10: will my old os work on new pc

Discus and support will my old os work on new pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a retail version of windows on my pc, and now its motherboard broke..so if I build a new pc with all new components except the SSD which has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AarushBharti, Aug 6, 2022.

1. will my old os work on new pc

I have a retail version of windows on my pc, and now its motherboard broke..so if I build a new pc with all new components except the SSD which has the oson my old pc will it work, or do I need to install a clean new os.And one more thing, will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc?

:)

AarushBharti, Aug 6, 2022

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Aug 6, 2022
  4. will my old os work on new pc

old PC files xfr to new PC

I have a new Dell PC. My old HP crashed. I'm trying to recover the data on the old PC. Any suggestions

GordonMontney, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

will my old os work on new pc

1. will my old os work on new pc - Similar Threads - old

2. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  3. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  4. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting Windows License and install on old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows License and install on old PC: Hello I am a student. Could I be able to get a student microsoft windows for free? my computer is more than 15 - 20 years old, would it work?[Original Title: microsoft windows]...
  6. Getting Windows License and install on old PC

Getting Windows License and install on old PC: Hello I am a student. Could I be able to get a student microsoft windows for free? my computer is more than 15 - 20 years old, would it work?[Original Title: microsoft windows]...
  7. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  8. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...: I purchased Excel and it is not showing up on my new laptop. I have an old devise listed under my Microsoft account. How do I get it moved over? I no longer have the old laptop. Please advise...
  9. I purchased excel and it's not showing up on my new laptop. An old device is listed under...

10. old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...: My new window 11 has micro 365 and I can not see all of my pic at one time.They are in files and when I open it I just get pic # and no real pic...