Windows 10: Will my PC be able to run Windows 10?

Discus and support Will my PC be able to run Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specs CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 MB: ASUS M4NT68T-M LE GPU: Integrated RAM: 2gb HDD: 120gb WD1200JS It runs on Windows XP, getting a new HDD for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comboxer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Will my PC be able to run Windows 10?

Specs

• CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245
    • MB: ASUS M4NT68T-M LE
    • GPU: Integrated
    • RAM: 2gb
    • HDD: 120gb WD1200JS

It runs on Windows XP, getting a new HDD for it as it's dead, so want to revive this machine.

submitted by /u/Comboxer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Comboxer, Jun 30, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 30, 2020
  3. My new PC and Tablet PC

Hi Alfa,

As per the information, I suggest that you refer to the article below and check if you are able to rectify the BSOD's that you are faced with.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

As for the issue with the Acer PC, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether
    multiple programs are running at the same time. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 30, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Will my PC be able to run Windows 10?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Will my PC be able to run Windows 10? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Will my PC be able to run Windows 10?

1. Will my PC be able to run Windows 10? - Similar Threads - able run

2. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...
  3. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...
  4. Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...: Dear team,I am not able to run docker desktop as a result of following a recommendation on the thread 'BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?'.I am getting this error:...
  5. Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...

Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...: Dear team,I am not able to run docker desktop as a result of following a recommendation on the thread 'BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?'.I am getting this error:...
  6. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...: Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to...
  7. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...: Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to...
  8. WINDOWS 11 able to run Grblcontol candle app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 able to run Grblcontol candle app.: I just bought a new HP to run a new CNC machine. I cannot seem to get it to connect to the "candle" app needed to run the controller for the machine. I looked online and there seems to be an issue with windows 11 being able to run that program. Can you verify that windows 11...
  9. WINDOWS 11 able to run Grblcontol candle app.

WINDOWS 11 able to run Grblcontol candle app.: I just bought a new HP to run a new CNC machine. I cannot seem to get it to connect to the "candle" app needed to run the controller for the machine. I looked online and there seems to be an issue with windows 11 being able to run that program. Can you verify that windows 11...
  10. I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...

I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...: I have a Macbook pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-parallels-on-my-mac-to-be-able-to-run/924dabeb-e1d0-40ce-8750-5e39b3e28916