Windows 10: Will my PC run well on Windows 10?

Discus and support Will my PC run well on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Version: Windows 7 Home Premium, Build 7601: SP1 Greetings, all. As you know, Windows 7 support is about to come to an end and I have a decision to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McGee, Nov 27, 2019.

1. McGee Win User

Will my PC run well on Windows 10?

Version: Windows 7 Home Premium, Build 7601: SP1

Greetings, all.

As you know, Windows 7 support is about to come to an end and I have a decision to make. I am either going to upgrade this PC to Windows 10 or nuke Windows 7 and install Linux Mint. My preference is to upgrade, but I'm unsure if the hardware will support Windows 10. According to Microsoft's hardware test I'm all set, but I do wonder about the RAM. Is 4GB really enough to smoothly run Windows 10? I have no desire to spend money to upgrade the hardware on such an old machine.

As an aside, this isn't my main machine. I mostly use it as a Plex server, but also do some occasional audio recording and editing in Audacity.

:)

McGee, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Will my PC run well on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - run

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  6. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  7. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  8. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  9. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  10. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....