Windows 10: Will my product key be retained?

Discus and support Will my product key be retained? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently preparing to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC because I just wanted to reboot. Of course I have looked at YouTube tutorials and with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Benjaminolein, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Will my product key be retained?

Hello, I'm currently preparing to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC because I just wanted to reboot. Of course I have looked at YouTube tutorials and with all videos I am told that I can use Windows normally again which is also true with another PC of mine but is it still true when I activate UEFI mode in my BIOS because my PC is always in legacy mode before. Thanks in advance!

:)

Benjaminolein, Jun 27, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 27, 2020
  3. tengeezer Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Cheers, will check it out.

tengeezer, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Will my product key be retained?

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Will my product key be retained?

1. Will my product key be retained? - Similar Threads - product key retained

2. this is my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    this is my product key: Here's how your profile name will appear in the community:EditYou can change your profile name now or at any time in your Profile settings`elect the most appropriate product and topics below to help your post be seen by the right community experts....
  3. this is my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is my product key: Here's how your profile name will appear in the community:EditYou can change your profile name now or at any time in your Profile settings`elect the most appropriate product and topics below to help your post be seen by the right community experts....
  4. this is my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not my Product Key?

Not my Product Key?: A very strange thing happened today. I reinstalled windows on my hard drive, because of a myriad of reasons. When it came time to put in the product key at installation, I said I didn't have one because I couldn't find the paper I had it on. Once the Installation was done and...
  6. my product key

my product key: i recently downloaded windows 10 upgrade... i paid for it with my credit card i tried to install it...but never received my product key code....i tried to call tech support to no avail... i paid for it.. what can you do.......
  7. My product key

My product key: I cant find my product key can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key/8142cd34-2a1f-453c-aae7-a8ec0322d7c9
  8. Will my product key be retained after updating Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my product key be retained after updating Windows 10?: Hi, I am planning to update my Windows 10 from 1803 to 1909 using Windows installation iso. I already have Windows 10 Pro with a oroduct key. So, after updating, will my product key be retained or will I have to enter it again....
  9. my product key

my product key: ID: 00328-10000-00001-AA952 I want Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key/d51160c2-fa5b-4b02-ba5b-81f2fbbf29b4"
  10. My Product Key

My Product Key: I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I...