Windows 10: Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?

Discus and support Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my ASUS authorized service center decided to delete the files necessary for the windows update application. They reasoned that since it was also the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FunnyChimp1921, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?

So my ASUS authorized service center decided to delete the files necessary for the windows update application. They reasoned that since it was also the reason why my hard disk got corrupted (thus losing all my data because recovery means voiding the warranty), they decided to remove them for me because windows update is annoying, and can sometimes be very inconvenient. I kinda understand why they did it however I'm concerned with what would happen in a few years time if the windows update continues to be disabled. What features will I lose access to? what dangers or risks am I posing myself to? Should I ask them to return the updates? Personally, if it won't affect me much then it matters little to me. I do find the updates quite intrusive sometimes but will it be alright?

:)

FunnyChimp1921, Mar 8, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?

Sound not functioning properly

Dear Members

i have just updated to Windows 10

when i play music my sound is not functioning properly

please suggest any solution

my Device is

SONY VAIO - E Series

suraj kamble, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?

1. Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates? - Similar Threads - function properly without

2. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  3. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  4. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  6. Windows 10 GUI not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 GUI not Functioning Properly: I'm currently in the middle of building a new pc and for the moment all I am needing is a GPU. While I'm waiting to get my GPU I have been running an ATI Radeon X1300 (old 256Mb graphics card) since I have a Ryzen 7 3700x which doesn't have integrated graphics. When I try to...
  7. Windows not functioning properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not functioning properly after update: I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the taskbar settings and audio has become disabled. I’ve tried literally everything i can to resolve these issues from trying to fix...
  8. Windows Store and Windows update not functioning properly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and Windows update not functioning properly: For at least a few days now I haven't been able to use Windows Update or install anything from the Windows Store. Every single app that I try to download just comes up with "Code: 0x80072F8F" I have tried everything from resetting the windows store to using an install USB...
  9. My taskbar is not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar is not functioning properly.: My taskbar has a weird problem where it doesn't show any of the apps you are using or anything you have pinned to the taskbar. Everything else works, but in that space it's just blank....
  10. admin tools are not functioning properly in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    admin tools are not functioning properly in windows 10: Hi.. I have installed admin tools for windows 10 in my computer. When I open AD and open properties of an user most of the important tabs are missing. Can someone please advise me regarding this issue. Windows 10 Version [img] How user's properties visible in...