Windows 10: Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove...

Discus and support Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally converted my Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk, including my C Drive. I tried using solutions available online by using various methods like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KKDDP, Feb 20, 2019.

1. KKDDP Win User

Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove...

I accidentally converted my Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk, including my C Drive. I tried using solutions available online by using various methods like installing Minitool Partition tool or other software but they're too expensive. I just wondering whether by resetting my pc will help revert back to Basic disk, I have no data to backup so I don't hesitate to do it if it can convert back from Dynamic Disk to Basic disk.

Quick reply is highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

:)

KKDDP, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove...

Converting to Basic disk while windows is running?

Hi,

I don't know much about this stuff, I've seen many tutorials and software to convert from dynamic to basic but all of them used a second disk for conversion, now I don't have any secondary disk to use, is it safe to go with converting it to basic while remaining in windows? Is it possible?

smartali89, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove...

1. Will MyDynamic Disk change to Basic Disk after factory reset Windows 10 with Remove... - Similar Threads - MyDynamic Disk change

2. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  3. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  4. Can't set disk D: for aplications after C: disk factory reset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set disk D: for aplications after C: disk factory reset.: Hello I need help becose one day when I tried to turn my computer it lags in login screen so I restarted and it do same so I tried so many thing but nothing worked so I do factory reset only for my C: drive but then when I turn on pc and want to set everything I cant set my...
  5. Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10: Hi, I accidentally changed my c-drive to dynamic disk. It is my only memory on my pc. How can I change it back to basic disk? I allready searched information and looked up for various instructions and videos. I can't delete volumes because os is installed on that and that...
  6. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  7. Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset: Good evening, I'm getting a 100% disk usage issue on my laptop. I've done a fresh reset to factory settings and it's still the same. I've run Malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, and Avast. I've also gone through Checkdisk, disk defrag etc. I'm going to buy an SSD...
  8. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...
  9. Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk: [Apologies if I have posed this in the wrong place; thanks for moving it if necessary!] - Good morning Folks! *Smile I thought this would be simple: 1TB HDD with Two 500GB Partitions E: & Z:. Having available space in E: and needing more in Z: I performed a "Shrink" on...
  10. Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk: Running windows 10, due to some personal reasons want to change my dynamic disk to a basic disk.But the option for the same is greyed out in Disk Management.If anyone posts a guide to accomplish the same I would be really grateful*Smile 30309