Windows 10: Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone...

Discus and support Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 7 64 bit on an HP probook. I have been very pleased with windows 7 and wish Microsoft would not stop supporting it but am resigned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmt3010, Sep 10, 2019.

1. gmt3010 Win User

Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone...

I have windows 7 64 bit on an HP probook. I have been very pleased with windows 7 and wish Microsoft would not stop supporting it but am resigned to it.

So since I waited, I have to pay. I am hoping I can do that reasonably, but I also am going to need help. I want to make windows 10 look and work like 7, which I'm told one can do.

I also have a few things for example, I use my internet explorer browser exclusively to use and download video from my security cameras. It would have to be re-set up again (but the company that sold these to me can re-set up my cameras to use IE again). My question is 1) WILL there be an Internet Explorer? To use with Windows 10? I don't use IE for anything other than that, it just seemed like what used to be a great browser has gotten pushed aside by many others.

2) My second concern is, will Microsoft be providing help for those of us dreading this process and who want it to be as painless as possible? (I know, for a fee but it's worth not tearing one's hair out).

I also know don't take anyone's phone number here .... sad so many scammers.

3) What about reinstalling my outlook and microsoft word 2013? I have the receipt and the numbers you have to have to reinstall but, it is so very old, and I am REALLY worried that I am going to have a hard time getting all my stuff back. I paid for microsoft word 2013, just like I paid for microsoft word 2010, and at the time, it was extra for outlook because then they did not come as one. I don't want to hear anything about "oh we can't find that number" that long long number you get when you buy the product. that happened to me last time when I needed to reinstall my microsoft word. Not only do I have the receipt and number but i have that disk, the plastic thing you buy in the store, you go home and download it, but the tiny plastic case has the proof you purchased it. I don't care how old it is, I paid for it, I don't want to hear any excuses to not be able to re-install and use them.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what to do about that? I'm trying to prepare now. Last time I got the upgrade to word 2013 (after a crash) they kept saying at microsoft they couldn't find my verification and I had the plastic case and finally they found it some where, it is a formal proof of purchase with the serial number etc. I just am getting sick thinking about this now. This is why I waited.

4) This is another stupid question, but, with my documents, is there a way to upload in the "cloud" -- no I don't use it, but it might not be a bad idea to do that for documents. I also have external hard drives for my photos and videos. I am getting exhausted just thinking about this.

I am grateful for any suggestions, ideas, directions to where one can find more info/help such as using the cloud -- is there a fee? It must be.

what about all my HP stuff? And there is plenty. I could cry.

I remember way back when there was windows XP and that was such a fabulous OS, and it came in two disks if one had to reinstall, and it was so smart, so good, so easy, that when I had to reinstall after a crash, it practically did it all itself, most all it did everything except sing and dance. You just followed what it said on the notebook.

Anyway, I am dreading this. Any insight, suggestions are always welcome. I know, I should not have waited so long but I love windows 7 as much as XP.

thanks,

Gina

:)

gmt3010, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone... - Similar Threads - need upgrade soon

2. very big concern

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    very big concern: i own a hp elitebook 840 g2 which had come pre installed with windows 8.1 and i downloaded show key plus and it successfully detetcted the key from the motherboard. i have noted it down. I wanted to re install windows for some reasons but when i download the media creation...
  3. Need help concerning Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help concerning Windows 10: I have an SSD I want to install my Windows 10 into. The problem is that I don't want to lose my programs through a reset. And my SSD is smaller than the drive Windows 10 is from, so I can't clone it. I was thinking about making a Windows 10 media creation on a USB,...
  4. Can anyone help me here?

Can anyone help me here?: My usb pendrive have windows 10 bootable but its seem it doesnt work ive 32gb usb but i dont know if my windows10 not working i hope someone help to install windows 10 thanks yall so much. I watch some windows 10 tutorial but i dont why is not working submitted by...
  5. Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon

in Windows 10 News
    Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon: Microsoft will start proper work on the next Windows 10 feature update – due to land in the second half of 2021 – in the coming weeks. Testers will soon begin receiving preview builds from the next Windows 10 feature update and when this happens, you will notice a big leap in...
  6. Can anyone here help me out?

Can anyone here help me out?: submitted by /u/Ssherlockhemlock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/it35b6/can_anyone_here_help_me_out/
  7. Can anyone here help me with this?

Can anyone here help me with this?: submitted by /u/clarkebino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbg5kl/can_anyone_here_help_me_with_this/
  8. Did anyone here upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7?

Did anyone here upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7?: submitted by /u/theking4mayor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq3jzz/did_anyone_here_upgrade_to_windows_10_from/
  9. Windows 10 update has crashed my PC big style can anyone help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has crashed my PC big style can anyone help: i had a Windows 7 OS and took the free upgrade to win 10 a while ago. After it did an update recently I got an auto repair screen on boot up and then it displayed a blue screen to choose a keyboard but it is locked. I have tried a few things. I created a Windows 10 recovery...
  10. Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10: I 'm considering the Windows 10 upgrade on my Dell Latitude E6410 laptop with Windows 7 Pro and 4 GB ram , but I'm concerned about several issues including whether the laptop is even compatible with W10. I'm on a data cap plan with my isp so W10 update sizes are also a...