Windows 10: Will never upgrade now time for linux

Discus and support Will never upgrade now time for linux in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been a part of the insider program since 5/12/15. Always participated in the insider program to help improve windows 10.. I wake up today to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Urbwolf, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Urbwolf Win User

Will never upgrade now time for linux

I have been a part of the insider program since 5/12/15. Always participated in the insider program to help improve windows 10.. I wake up today to see my build is no longer activated so i call to activate and am transferred to a rep that proceeds to tell me that he can not activate it and I have to purchase a windows 10 key... Are you kidding me have we all been strung along this whole time. I will not use another Microsoft program if this is how they are going to operate.

:)

Urbwolf, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 grub_Isprint not found

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did install Linux (Linux Mint) on my PC. I also partitioned the "c"hard drive. I am not a Linux or Windows expert and I'm now having difficulties. I never use Linux now and use Windows 100% of the time, so losing Linux Mint is not a problem. I do
    not want to lose all my files and programs on Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Rob.

Robert Adlington, Jul 28, 2015
  3. DaniloAz Win User
    Can I downgrade from iso installed version of Windows 10?

I install and uninstall windows 10

like 15 times since it was released

and I replace windows 10 with windows 7

I never use windows updates to upgrade and I never will

because is where the problems begin

quick format every times I re-install something

is the best way to go

now I'm planning to buy an extra SSD

because I'm tired of this roll coaster

between windows 7 and windows 10 and linux

DaniloAz, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Will never upgrade now time for linux

Use this tool to do the upgrade. You can also use it to make a ISO for a clean install.

Windows 10

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 28, 2015
  5. COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Urbwolf Win User
    That would be usefull if i was upgrading from windows 7 or 8 but this is the insiders build that i have used for months updated to the release. We where told we would get it for free by participating

Urbwolf, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Please follow my instruction's.
    It will be a free upgrade to the newest version.

8. ZAL
    zal Win User

I have the same problem. I clean-installed 10 from the beginning and have never tried an upgrade from 7 or 8. I want to keep 7 and have 10 dual-booting like I do now. But a non-upgrade reinstall at the moment won't activate because I don't have a key.

I imagine that once the Insider program resumes and we get different updates again, we'll get a new prerelease key to reinstall with. I don't mind having to be an Insider to keep an activation. I just want to be able to reinstall without using up a 7 key.

9. Use the tool from here while you are in Windows 10.
    Do the upgrade option. It will use the Win 10 key you already have.

Windows 10

More instruction's on using it here:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

10. Urbwolf Win User
    Sorry but why go through all that when Atheenah's post fix's the problem with a fresh install or upgrade in about 30 sec's

Urbwolf, Jul 28, 2015
  11. OK, glad it worked out better for you then.
    I hope you don't run into any problem's by doing it the short cut way in the future.
    Your welcome for all my help.

12. Mystere Win User
    No, we weren't. In fact, multiple times... uncountable times, it's been said to the contrary. You do not get a free license of WIndows 10. You get a free *UPGRADE* to Windows 10 from a previous 7/8.x genuine license. This has been reiterated by numerous people ever since some journalists got the wrong idea and jumped to the wrong conclusions.

You will remain activated if you stay in the Windows Insider program, but if you don't want to be an insider, you need a copy of Windows 7/8.x to upgrade from.

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Urbwolf Win User

This from Microsoft contradicts what you are saying

"I've gotten a lot of questions from Windows Insiders about how this will work if they clean installed from ISO. As long as you are running an Insider Preview build and connected with the MSA you used to register, you will receive the Windows 10 final release build and remain activated. Once you have successfully installed this build and activated, you will also be able to clean install on that PC from final media if you want to start over fresh," wrote Insider program head Gabe Aul.

Urbwolf, Jul 28, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    No, it doesn't. That is talking about being an insider. If you want to remain an insider, you continue to remain activated, just as I said above.

Read this from Gabe Aul, which is more clarification.

Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] | Blogging Windows

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  15. NUS
    Nus Win User
    ITT: OP angrily declares he will never upgrade, OP upgrades. Lulz.

Thema:

1. Will never upgrade now time for linux - Similar Threads - never upgrade linux

2. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    time to learn Linux: time to learn linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-learn-linux/644b6853-d20a-4920-9800-975d4fb518c2
  3. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    time to learn Linux: time to learn linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-learn-linux/644b6853-d20a-4920-9800-975d4fb518c2
  4. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4: Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install...why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrades-are-taking-endless-time-to/2688e48a-6adb-4cd6-af35-c22d7d0ca968
  6. Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4

Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4: Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install...why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrades-are-taking-endless-time-to/2688e48a-6adb-4cd6-af35-c22d7d0ca968
  7. Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Being asked now after upgrade for an encryption key - never given one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being asked now after upgrade for an encryption key - never given one: Upgraded to windows 11 and now locked out because I am being asked for a hard drive encryption key which I don’t have and never did. Windows somehow encrypted my disk but did not send the key...
  9. Being asked now after upgrade for an encryption key - never given one

Being asked now after upgrade for an encryption key - never given one: Upgraded to windows 11 and now locked out because I am being asked for a hard drive encryption key which I don’t have and never did. Windows somehow encrypted my disk but did not send the key...
  10. Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux: Starting today, Microsoft Teams is available for Linux users in public preview, enabling high quality collaboration experiences for the open source community at work and in educational institutions. Users can download the native Linux packages in .deb and .rpm formats here....