Windows 10: Will new mortherboard cause prior back up issues

Discus and support Will new mortherboard cause prior back up issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Currrent system 5 days ago had MR rescue boot USB made and win 10 boot screen option to MR at start up (all tested and worked) Performed full system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Oldhead, May 4, 2021 at 2:07 PM.

1. Oldhead Win User

Will new mortherboard cause prior back up issues

Currrent system 5 days ago had MR rescue boot USB made and win 10 boot screen option to MR at start up (all tested and worked) Performed full system backups files to external and seperate internal drives completed and verified . Yesterday the motherboard crapped out , so a replacement MB under warranty is proposed (same for same ) with updated BIOS to replacement board . Question is ,will MR boot rescue usb ,and prior system backups be reliable after replacement only motherboard . As a Macrium newbie it may be dumb query ,but i want to be ahead of the game .

:)

2. Ghot Win User

*Thumbs

3. Oldhead Win User

Thanks Ghot, well appreciated .
    Full OS has been imaged prior to MB crap out ,but will perform again as suggested . Will perform test to prior made Recovery USB ,and remake if required.
    The advice ,info and knowledge on this forum is IMO invaluable .

4. Ghot Win User

Since it was the same motherboard, you'll be fine.
    It would probably be wise, on the new motherboard, to make a new backup though... just in case.

P.S. No such thing as a "dumb query". *Smile

On a side note... make sure you have at least one, full OS image backup.
    You can also just attempt to boot from your Macrium boot USB, to see if it works. *Smile

Thema:

1. Will new mortherboard cause prior back up issues - Similar Threads - mortherboard cause prior

2. Prior emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prior emails: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  3. OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive: Backing Up Issue: As you know, my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop consumes large amounts of data due to me editing pictures and saving them to a folder on it. But somehow OneDrive has gotten a hold of my files and it's backing up those saved pictures and files from Adobe which is causing my...
  4. Back up and restore to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up and restore to a new computer: Good afternoon, I just purchased a new computer and would like to back up my present one and transfer it all to the new computer -- transferring as much as I can, such as all files and folders, apps and programs if possible etc. Can I use the back up (backing up on an...
  5. New update causes issues with sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update causes issues with sound: I recently got a small update to windows on my computer. Once the update was finished I jumped on and the sound was not working. It has done this before so I didn't think much of it and did my usual reinstall of the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help. I have tried...
  6. can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow?: can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-back-up-to-look-at-a-prior-background/b559699f-4627-49f5-854a-a94e10687366
  7. Notepad causing problem with completing back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad causing problem with completing back up: How do I delete/move files from Notepad? My system will not fully backup to the external drive because 3 files, apparently in Notepad, consistently are skipped. However, when I open Notepad, I can't find any files....
  8. Backing Up WLM 2012 Prior To Clean Installation Of Windows 10 Pro

in Browsers and Email
    Backing Up WLM 2012 Prior To Clean Installation Of Windows 10 Pro: I did the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Privacy concerns aside, I like Windows 10. I haven't had any problems with software and hardware compatibility. I use 27 different email accounts within WLM 2012, for a variety of reasons. Many of these email...
  9. Some Backing Up issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Some Backing Up issues: I have been trying to prepare for a (long overdue) Backup of Windows 10, using a system image. Unfortunately I have become somewhat confused. I had hoped to use AOMEI Backupper Standard which to me looks clear and easy to follow but for some reason no one has explained it...
  10. Windows back up will not back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows back up will not back up: I have tried several times to back up my computer to an external hard drive and I keep getting the error "Invalid window handle". How do I fix this so I can create a system image? 46422