Windows 10: will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds

Discus and support will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; for example assume i tried to install nvidia driver version 445.87 on windows 10 build 1511. will i be allowed to do that or i won't and i will get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cns00, May 20, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds

for example assume i tried to install nvidia driver version 445.87 on windows 10 build 1511. will i be allowed to do that or i won't and i will get an error message during the setup which says i am installing driver on an incompatible version of windows?

if the setup worked then will everything be perfect or i will get issues like bsod which was mentioned on this post https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...idia-drivers/?

if i am not supposed to install new driver version on old windows 10 build then where does it say which build number does the new driver version support? i checked the release notes of nvidia driver version 445.87 and it doesn't mention anything about unsupported windows 10 builds

:)

cns00, May 20, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

From the NVidia DL site:

will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds [​IMG]

Since it is broken down by Family OS, not version, it seems to imply version independent. I do not know that for certain.

You would probably have to ask the NVidia Tech Support people to get a definitive answer that is documented.

f14tomcat, May 20, 2020
  3. cns00 Win User

for example assume i tried to install nvidia driver version 445.87 on windows 10 build 1511. will i be allowed to do that or i won't and i will get an error message during the setup which says i am installing driver on an incompatible version of windows?

if the setup worked then will everything be perfect or i will get issues like bsod which was mentioned on this post https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...idia-drivers/?

if i am not supposed to install new driver version on old windows 10 build then where does it say which build number does the new driver version support? i checked the release notes of nvidia driver version 445.87 and it doesn't mention anything about unsupported windows 10 builds

cns00, May 20, 2020
  4. cns00 Win User

this is hypothetical. i am currently on build 1809. i just want to know if new nvidia driver is supported on old windows 10 builds. if not supported then i need to know where it says which build numbers the new nvidia driver supports

i am not updating nvidia driver from device manager and i am running the setup file which i download from the nvidia website

cns00, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds - Similar Threads - newer nvidia driver

2. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  3. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  4. nvidia container stopped working Windows 10, Version-2004, Build-19041.546

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia container stopped working Windows 10, Version-2004, Build-19041.546: Recently I have noticed an error in reliability history which says "nvidia container stopped working. What I have also noticed that when I install Nvidia Studio Driver it happens and when I install Nvidia Game Ready driver it dose not happen. Earlier I had same problem and...
  5. Stuck on old Windows build - Update to newer fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on old Windows build - Update to newer fails: I'm stuck on Build 18932. And I think Windows restarts randomly because this is too old? Can this be correct? When I open Windows Update, it will say 19536 is a available It downloads it, and starts to install When my computer restarts, it will start updating But after...
  6. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  7. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  8. Graphics drivers with newer windows version

Graphics drivers with newer windows version: I'm having problems with the newer version of windows trying to use my GTX 970 graphics card.. I've been having problems with it installing the drivers, so i used the Geforce experience game drivers and it installed it, but there was still problems with it. Its most likely...
  9. Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows: While analyzing the vulnerability scan results I found many old vulnerabilities like MS13-054, MS11-029, MS11-030 etc present on multiple Windows 10 machines. But my understanding says since code causing these vulnerabilities had been fixed in old versions they shouldn't be...
  10. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10, install old nvidia driver: Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install...