Windows 10: Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS

Discus and support Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is not a BSOD, but I could not find another forum that fits my situation. If I need to take this question elsewhere please let me know. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SJMaye, Feb 4, 2020.

1. SJMaye Win User

Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS

This is not a BSOD, but I could not find another forum that fits my situation. If I need to take this question elsewhere please let me know.

I am trying to resurrect an old PC of my Dad's. It is an old i3-530 CPU on a ASRock H55M Pro motherboard. I believe I updated it from Windows 7 to 10. Not for sure though.

This morning I tried booting it for the first time in 8 (?) years. At first I got the mobo splash screen, but would not load windows. That time I was able to enter the BIOS. I was looking for the boot drive. Anyway I made no changes, canceled and rebooted. This time I did not get the splash screen. More like POST information. A couple of options which I could not get to do anything. No option to access the BIOS. See pic.

I have built a few computers. I have never not been able to access the BIOS. I would consider myself a novice at troubleshooting things like this. Can someone offer a starting point.

Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS [​IMG]

:)

SJMaye, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Feb 4, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Geneo Win User

Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access

I don't see how that it is possible for the Windows 10 DVD to prevent you from accessing the BIOS - access to the BIOS occurs before any DVD is read.
    Is your DVD drive USB? Maybe it is interfering.
    Suggest you take the DVD out, boot to BIOS, set the DVD as the boot device and save the setting, , then stick the DVD in and then reset.

Geneo, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS - Similar Threads - boot allow access

2. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  3. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  4. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  5. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  6. Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS: Basically, after a failed overclock due to my stupidity unstable overclock due to low voltage has led me to an infinite boot loop, when I start my computer up, it freezes on an automatic repair screen, bios is inaccesible during it, even when it doesn't freeze. Also, when...
  7. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access boot options in BIOS: In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch off SSD and now in the bios it’s not even letting me choose what to use as boot option 1. If I check the boot sequence by...
  8. FYI: Motherboard won't allow booting to get to the bios screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FYI: Motherboard won't allow booting to get to the bios screen.: Hello, This information might be of help to someone so I am sharing the problem I had. In June 2017 I bought 2 ea MSI 990FXA MB's and 2 ea AMD 8370's, it was such a sweet deal and both my son (13 years old) along with myself ( not telling my age...) needed an updated system....
  9. FYI: Motherboard won't allow booting to get to the bios screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    FYI: Motherboard won't allow booting to get to the bios screen.: Hello, This information might be of help to someone so I am sharing the problem I had. In June 2017 I bought 2 ea MSI 990FXA MB's and 2 ea AMD 8370's, it was such a sweet deal and both my son (13 years old) along with myself ( not telling my age...) needed an updated system....
  10. Can access bios but can't boot windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can access bios but can't boot windows: My computer keeps freezing either with the windows logo and 3 dots or the motherboard brand and two to three dots. I have a 1tb HDD that's 4 years old. An ASRock motherboard, an i-7 6700k, and 16gb of DDR4-2400 memory. The HDD has a copy of windows 10 on it but will not boot....