Windows 10: Will not connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Will not connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone please help me? About 1 week ago my HP Pavillion x360 suddenly disconnected from the Wi-fi. The Wi-fi bars were empty with a little red X.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roamingyinzer, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Will not connect to Wi-Fi

Can anyone please help me?

About 1 week ago my HP Pavillion x360 suddenly disconnected from the Wi-fi. The Wi-fi bars were empty with a little red X. I ended up restarting the computer and it reconnected. The next day it did this again and I deleted the Wi-fi driver (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) and reinstalled it from the Intel website. This fix lasted several hours. I then updated Windows and this fixed the problem for several hours, but the problems persisted. My laptop is not connecting to any Wi-fi network, not just at home, and my other devices connect to Wi-fi just fine.

I finally caved and asked HP Smart Friend to help me. They updated Windows, BIOS, and reinstalled the Wi-Fi driver. The fix lasted a day, but now the problem still persists. HP suggested that the problem is related to Windows 10.

I have run the trouble shooter on my computer and on Google Chrome, but sometimes it fixes the problem and sometimes it doesn't. I'm still able to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cord but I don't have a way to do that at school.

Does anyone have any other fixes?

Thanks!

:)

roamingyinzer, Nov 13, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Will not connect to Wi-Fi

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Will not connect to Wi-Fi

1. Will not connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - connect

2. Code generates on App but can’t connect to my laptop when entered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code generates on App but can’t connect to my laptop when entered.: Hello,I am able to sign in my Authenticator app on my phone. The code generates on my app but when I enter the code on my laptop, it doesn’t work. I don’t know why it’s not connecting. Please help advise any other option to use to resolve this issue.Thank you....
  3. Code generates on App but can’t connect to my laptop when entered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code generates on App but can’t connect to my laptop when entered.: Hello,I am able to sign in my Authenticator app on my phone. The code generates on my app but when I enter the code on my laptop, it doesn’t work. I don’t know why it’s not connecting. Please help advise any other option to use to resolve this issue.Thank you....
  4. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed: When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could...
  5. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed: When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could...
  6. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  7. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  8. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  9. Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect

Bluetooth sound choppy need to repair Bluetooth each time I connect: Ok, I have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headset with mic and everything.I buy them and connect them to my laptop, an XPS 9320 and everything is working perfect.Then my father passed away and I had a lot of things to take care of regarding funeral and so on and worked from home when I...
  10. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...