Windows 10: WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing

Discus and support WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried everything Windows Photos will not recognize any folders or videos on my new pc whether the files are on the hard drive in “pictures” or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SAMMY Question, May 23, 2020.

1. WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing

Tried everything

Windows Photos will not recognize any folders or videos on my new pc whether the files are on the hard drive in “pictures” or “videos” folders. Also, same on a USB and DVD/CD drive.

It says files empty! Which is not correct.

Tried dragging video from USB and/or DVD/CD drive and the message states:

Can't add thesefiles

We couldn'tadd the followingfi les to the project library because they're

not photos orvideos:

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.1FO

VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_01_2.VOB

VTS_01_3.VOB

VTS_01_ 4.VOB

VTS_01_5.VOB

Tried “repair” and “reset” and “uninstalled and installed it again – same problems.

Though on an 8 year old laptop it does show some photos.

Is this program worth the time to know if it really works?

Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks

:)

SAMMY Question, May 23, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 23, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 23, 2020
  4. WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing

Video editor gone from Photos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing feature on Photos app. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

1. May I know on which device the issue persists?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix.

Method 1

Update Photos app

Refer the article Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
    for the steps.

Method 2

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and follow the steps.

You may also refer the suggestions from Riley
    Lynn Nairn dated on May 7, 2018
    regarding the issue with the missing Video editor feature.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 23, 2020
Thema:

WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing

1. WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing - Similar Threads - FIND VIDEOS PHOTOS

2. How do I find missing photos from a photo transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find missing photos from a photo transfer?: I use an IPhone to take about 200 photos every couple of days. I have the option for ICloud turned off so the photos are not there. I usually take the photos from the phone and directly put them on to my computer using a cord. And once I do that the photos are usually not on...
  3. How do i find missing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find missing photos: How do I find missing photos in Windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-missing-photos/bde4c596-5a57-42bc-8323-0cba8b442350
  4. How do i find missing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i find missing photos: How do I find missing photos in Windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-missing-photos/bde4c596-5a57-42bc-8323-0cba8b442350
  5. What am I missing???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What am I missing???: Hi I’m having some major issues. I’ve been trying to get back into my personal computer and it’s asking me to do the verify app but that app isn’t connected to my email. I never set up. It keeps asking me for a code that’s not going to be generated. What do I do? Can’t get in...
  6. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  7. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  8. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. What step am I missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What step am I missing?: I have Linux mint installed on my HP computer and I wanted to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the proper ISO files from Microsoft and thought I copied them onto my USB. It was about 5.3 or something gigabytes. Took about 15 minutes for it to copy. Before that on Linux I...
  10. missing videos & photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing videos & photos: how can I retrieve missing videos & lots of photos in windows 10? they are not in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-videos-photos/d6f4769f-e4e5-480f-99cd-405ac1ba4617