Windows 10: Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.

Discus and support Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is Windows doing to me now? I come after a long, long time away to use my Inetpub folder and pick up a file and edit it wish Kompozer and go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jan 4, 2021.

1. abrogard Win User

Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.

What is Windows doing to me now?

I come after a long, long time away to use my Inetpub folder and pick up a file and edit it wish Kompozer and go to save and it won't let me.

No permission.

I am admin. Admin has all permissions.

I did think of one thing: I don't think this inetpub folder came from this machine. I think I moved it over from a previous install of windows after that one crashed. As they do for me, every month or. (My son's just crashed three days ago for instance).

So if that has any bearing, I don't know.

Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit. [​IMG]

Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit. [​IMG]
    Can someone please direct me as to my best way to straighten this thing out?

:)

abrogard, Jan 4, 2021

2. Inetpub folder

Hi Sverre,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "have the inetpub folder", where exactly are you searching for inetpub folder?
    • When you say that "I have also tried to stop the process Service Host: Internet Information Services", why have you tried to disable the service host services?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 4, 2021
  3. abrogard Win User
    Explorer cannot see a file but kompozer can !

I just created an html file with Kompozer and saved it to the C: drive root.

Then tried to upload it to the web but the file uploader browsing function from the host there didn't display the file.

So I looked with Explorer and it couldn't see it, either.

So I closed Kompozer and then opened it again and used it's 'open file' function to explore the C: root and see what was there. And there's the file.

How can Kompozer see the file? It is using exactly the same windows explorer function isn't it?

edit:

I just used the 'everything' search app and it found the files in AppData\local\Virtualstore and in \roaming\microsoft\windows\recent.

I don't understand.

How can explorer not see it? Actually there's two of them. I saved it again with different name.

I also first tried to save it to the inetpub folder and it reported it couldn't do that. So then I went the C: root and it apparently worked: but didn't?

further edit:

It seems to have something to do with not running Kompozer as administrator. Though I am logged on as admin the prog is not running under admin rights.

When I open it again and force it to run as admin Kompozer can no longer see the files. It now sees what Explorer usually sees and what is shown by the upload prog on my host.

So I guess I can maybe find this hidden folder and copy the files from there and put them in C: root - or perhaps even where they belong, in wwwroot - and box on, always running Kompozer as admin.

This is Win10 updates doing this. I've been using Kompozer on and off with win10 since inception and never run into this until today.

Appreciate any advice concerning this.

abrogard, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.

Inetpub folder

You have never answered the questions about the C:\Inetpub directory, it's purpose, or how to get rid of it if it has no purpose.

DO YOU INTEND TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS?

GregSHastings, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.

1. Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit. - Similar Threads - Let Save Inetpub

2. When saving a file after editing it in the Photos app, it doesn't save in the folder which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When saving a file after editing it in the Photos app, it doesn't save in the folder which...: it saves in whatever folder i had open last, for example if i opened a file from "xyz" and opened a file from "zyx" and trimmed it, it would try saving in "xyz" instead i used photos to trim videos on windows 10 and it would save in the folder of wherever i opened the file...
  3. When saving a file after editing it in the Photos app, it doesn't save in the folder which...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When saving a file after editing it in the Photos app, it doesn't save in the folder which...: it saves in whatever folder i had open last, for example if i opened a file from "xyz" and opened a file from "zyx" and trimmed it, it would try saving in "xyz" instead i used photos to trim videos on windows 10 and it would save in the folder of wherever i opened the file...
  4. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...: It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.I am the only person who uses this PC and I'm not sure why it...
  5. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...: It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.I am the only person who uses this PC and I'm not sure why it...
  6. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Inetpub folder is gone after installing new windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inetpub folder is gone after installing new windows 11 22h2 update: Hi all,I installed yesterday the new update windows 11 22h2. This morning I went to the office opened visual studio, tried to open the last project and it says is missing. I checked in C: and the whole inetpub folder is gone and is not in the trash neither, is not hidden...
  8. Regedit Will Not Let Me Make Edits In Editor After Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regedit Will Not Let Me Make Edits In Editor After Reboot: Hello all, I am currently trying to change the RAID setting in the BIOS setup to AHCI; however, in order to do that without crashing Windows I know that I need to change the registry keys from the registry editor. However, I am having trouble making edits to the registry...
  9. Can't delete inetpub folder....

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder....: I've disabled IIS and IIS Hostable Web Core in windows features yet still cannot delete this folder ! Error message "the action cant be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another program", yet nothing is running ! Thanks in advance 155343
  10. Can't delete inetpub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder: E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe [img] I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff??? 97653