Windows 10: Will not open up to the log on window

Discus and support Will not open up to the log on window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series. I think this is windows 10, with windows 7 in it. Hi since a windows update this week, it will not open up to my log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LisaBennett4, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Will not open up to the log on window

Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series. I think this is windows 10, with windows 7 in it.

Hi since a windows update this week, it will not open up to my log on screen. It opens to a window/picture that I normally click on that then opens the log on window. But the log on does not open. I tried to open in safe mode but must be doing something wrong.

Please help

:)

LisaBennett4, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Will not open up to the log on window

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Will not open up to the log on window :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Will not open up to the log on window

1. Will not open up to the log on window - Similar Threads - open log window

2. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  3. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  4. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Logging in/Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in/Start up: My laptop is stuck on the "sign in" state. It has an email that i do not use and i am not able to access anything on my laptop. Is there a reset or something that can be done to gain access?...
  6. Random black windows opened up when I logged into my laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random black windows opened up when I logged into my laptop.: I just logged into my laptop and "left click refreshed " it a couple times. and suddenly a bunch of black windows opens up and blocks my screen for a few seconds . I think it is a screen record hack. Please inform me if you know what it was....
  7. Speed up logging in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speed up logging in.: Everytime I log into my user it takes a few seconds to actually log on to my laptop. If I see another person log into their Dell its way faster then mine and only takes a second then bam they are in. Mine spins for maybe like 10 seconds before it logs in. I even have a i7 so...
  8. Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.: I don't know what to do because I don't use or have ever used Windows Powershell. The files that starts up is C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe ....
  9. open window without log-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    open window without log-in: How can I open the window without log-in? I have a terrible experience with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-window-without-log-in/c587e0dd-7552-43a0-96d2-b222c02df5cc
  10. Windows Boot-up security & Logging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Boot-up security & Logging: I'm trying to research into more ways of locking company devices down. From the worst case if they were ever stolen it would be hard for your average Jo to access anything and general access on day to day usage/privacy. Currently using Bitlocker 256 on all HDD's. Few...