Windows 10: Will not read SD.

Discus and support Will not read SD. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion m7 with windows 10 on it. I tried to insert my SD card but nothing happened. It did not make a sound and when I checked the My PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmandaTipton, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Will not read SD.

I have a HP Pavilion m7 with windows 10 on it. I tried to insert my SD card but nothing happened. It did not make a sound and when I checked the My PC section in File Explorer it did not show anything.

:)

AmandaTipton, Jan 26, 2019

2. Cant read the SD card

Hello,

Oftentimes, a corrupted device can result to issues in reading your SD card. For us to isolate the case further and determine the appropriate resolution, provide answers to the following questions:

• Have you checked if other external devices/accessories are properly detected on your device?
    • Can you confirm if the SD card is being detected on another device aside from the one that you're using?
    • What procedures have you taken so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View All option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to run the troubleshooter.

This tool checks the hardware connected to your computer for common issues and gives details on how to rectify them. If there are any suggestions given by the troubleshooter, you may try those and check if it helps.

We will wait for your response so we can help you further with this issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 26, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Will not read SD.

Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Will not read SD.

1. Will not read SD. - Similar Threads - read

2. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*: I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard. Pressing the apostrophe button would actually do nothing. However, opening On-Screen Keyboards, it shows that whenever the...
  3. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*: I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard. Pressing the apostrophe button would actually do nothing. However, opening On-Screen Keyboards, it shows that whenever the...
  4. how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...: Hello Everyone, I have connected my phone to pc, for work purposes. but one thing that is annoying is when i receive a notification on facebook or facebook messenger and even phone link, i will read it and respond to it and all on my pc. but the issue is that when i finally...
  5. how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...

how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...: Hello Everyone, I have connected my phone to pc, for work purposes. but one thing that is annoying is when i receive a notification on facebook or facebook messenger and even phone link, i will read it and respond to it and all on my pc. but the issue is that when i finally...
  6. Windows 11 Narrator not read any characters in Visual Studio 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Narrator not read any characters in Visual Studio 2022: Hello I have windows 11 2023H2 I install Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 I'm try to learn C#, after creating new console app and go to code editor Narrator can read whole line but not read any word or characters for example if I go to line 11 narrator can read this line " static...
  7. Windows 11 Narrator not read any characters in Visual Studio 2022

Windows 11 Narrator not read any characters in Visual Studio 2022: Hello I have windows 11 2023H2 I install Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 I'm try to learn C#, after creating new console app and go to code editor Narrator can read whole line but not read any word or characters for example if I go to line 11 narrator can read this line " static...
  8. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  9. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  10. cannot read cd

cannot read cd: cd dvd drive recognised cant read audiobook in content file manager am partially sighted have a large audiobook collection on mp3 cdsto transfer to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-cd/286a48ae-a8ac-4a73-80f9-38bc5e6f7427