Windows 10: Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

Discus and support Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I upgraded from home 10 to home 11 home beta stable. I purchase the upgrade to pro from the windows store $99 plus tax. It starts to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarkHaydock2, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

I upgraded from home 10 to home 11 home beta stable. I purchase the upgrade to pro from the windows store $99 plus tax. It starts to install the updates then gets to 98% then fails, reverts back and loses my activation key which is recoverable by the troubleshoot tool and reverts back to windows 11 home. Any ideas? I have tried 3 times with the same results. Thx in advance

:)

MarkHaydock2, Oct 10, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, Oct 10, 2021
  4. snowbound Win User

Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99.

There are two upgrades for Windows8. The $40 offer which DOES not require a key for prior version of Windows and then there is the $14.99 version for recently new purchasers of a Win7 box WHICH requires in step 2 to enter your Windows7 key.

snowbound, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

1. Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade home pro

2. I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working: Yesterday I purchased from the Microsoft Online Store an upgrade for Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I was billed for £119.99 UK pounds sterling and received an invoice by email. My bank account has been debited for the whole amount. However, I did not receive any...
  3. I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working: Yesterday I purchased from the Microsoft Online Store an upgrade for Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I was billed for £119.99 UK pounds sterling and received an invoice by email. My bank account has been debited for the whole amount. However, I did not receive any...
  4. Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.: I purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro. Followed instructions but install failed. Read the support on error code 0x80070490 and tried the generic activation key several times including disconnecting Internet and restarting computer. Still fails. I'm out the cash...
  5. Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.

Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.: I purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro. Followed instructions but install failed. Read the support on error code 0x80070490 and tried the generic activation key several times including disconnecting Internet and restarting computer. Still fails. I'm out the cash...
  6. How do I install the Windows 11 upgrade from Home to Pro after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the Windows 11 upgrade from Home to Pro after purchase: I just purchased the Windows 11 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store. I received my invoice, I see the purchase in my Order History online but there is no option to install or product key? What do I do?...
  7. How do I install the Windows 11 upgrade from Home to Pro after purchase

How do I install the Windows 11 upgrade from Home to Pro after purchase: I just purchased the Windows 11 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store. I received my invoice, I see the purchase in my Order History online but there is no option to install or product key? What do I do?...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  9. Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade: I upgraded from home 10 to home 11 home beta stable. I purchase the upgrade to pro from the windows store $99 plus tax. It starts to install the updates then gets to 98% then fails, reverts back and loses my activation key which is recoverable by the troubleshoot tool and...
  10. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating: On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro. It seemed to be ok, but I noticed the other day that Activate Windows appears in the bottom right of the screen and when I go to...