Windows 10: Will not wake up from sleep

Discus and support Will not wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmcgee78, Apr 1, 2019.

1. gmcgee78 Win User

Will not wake up from sleep

I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

:)

gmcgee78, Apr 1, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 1, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Will not wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - wake sleep

2. When my PC wakes from sleep, the last closed program starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When my PC wakes from sleep, the last closed program starts: Hi... I have been experiencing this issue for a few years on my w10 home 64bit install (I have the latest update applicable to the date of this post) Its main use is as a multimedia PC, so it really hasnt been a problem, but its beginning to annoy me. If i let the PC...
  3. PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen

PC always takes a long time to wake up from sleep; common purple/green screen: My computer takes forever to wake up from sleep since I've moved to my new apartment. Shortly after I upgraded my monitor, but the problem didn’t get much better. After it wakes up, it will often not show the login screen, just the background for it. The weird thing is that...
  4. P.C. not waking from sleep

P.C. not waking from sleep: Since installing the 1809 (and 1903) upgrade my P.C. will not longer wake from sleep. If it enters sleep, it will respond to the mouse or keyboard input to wake the P.C., but the monitor remains off. A forced shutdown is necessary followed by a restart that also fails with a...
  5. Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP): Unable to wake the computer from sleep mode without shutting it down and restarting it. I have done the standard troubleshooting, tweaking of settings. Everything says that I should be able to: open the lid to my laptop, press a keyboard key or the power button to wake it...
  6. MC-WOL unable to wake or sleep Windows 10 Computers

MC-WOL unable to wake or sleep Windows 10 Computers: Help.. I have 60 plus computers at work and I'm trying to do a wake on Lan on some of the computers WINDOWS 10 ver 1607 OS build 14393.2007. I have search the internet and tried all the solutions. I get this error ACCESS DENIED .5 -The admin password is the same on the...
  7. Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode: The problem: I connect to the Internet (and to my local network) via an Ethernet cable. However, when I wake my computer from Sleep mode, the computer is unable to connect with the Ethernet. The only solution that works is restarting the computer. Here are a few details...
  8. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10)

Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10): Since this question is closed for new comments I suggest we reopen it. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10) Prior to the latest update the PC won't wake up from sleep. I do not know if this is a HW specific problem, drivers or whatever... but I need to know...
  9. realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping: I have realtek audio on my gigabyte z270n-wifi motherboard. Using the driver from the gigabyte website (recently released for 1903), or using ANY other realtek driver I have been able to find of various vintages, I always get a loud popping sound from my speakers when I...
  10. Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.: There used to be a handy function in Settings > Troubleshooting called "Hardware" but it seems Microsoft got rid of it for some reason. Is there a way to get that back? Also, when my computer goes to sleep, I move the mouse and hit keys on the keyboard and it doesn't wake up...