Windows 10: Will OEM based Windows 10 Home installation leadto harware warranty as VOID ?

Discus and support Will OEM based Windows 10 Home installation leadto harware warranty as VOID ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Greg, Hope you are doing well. I recently did a NEW PC build for myself (personal use and gaming) and installed a Windows 10 Home (activated via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShashaXR, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ShashaXR Win User

Will OEM based Windows 10 Home installation leadto harware warranty as VOID ?

Hi Greg,

Hope you are doing well. I recently did a NEW PC build for myself (personal use and gaming) and installed a Windows 10 Home (activated via OEM based product key) on my motherboard.

After working for a while (exactly 3 months), my motherboard (MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon) got busted.

But now, MSI is mentioning that due to installation of OEM based Windows version, the warranty of my motherboard is VOID and I cannot claim a replacement in its name.

As per I have read in numerous places on web, I thought that I was eligible for a Builder's OEM since I did the build for myself and with the brand news hardware as well. I only wanted to use the Windows copy on 1 machine.

I have a few questions here-

1) Is using a OEM based Windows voids warranty for hardware components like motherboard?

2) How can a Windows OEM version could cause a hardware failure?

3) Have I, unknowingly, voided the warranty for my motherboard with this or my motherboard manufacturer (MSI) is trying to ditch me on the warranty?

4) Does even installing OEM version under Builder's OEM is considered/supports piracy? Will my copy would be considered as NON GENUINE even though I am getting regular updates from Microsoft?

Your response on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shashank Chaudhary

:)

ShashaXR, Sep 24, 2018

2. OEM WARRANTY

Enlisting my name to Preview For Developers app voids the OEM warranty.If I delist my name will I get the warranty back?

PrajwalN N, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Installing ATI TOOL voids warranty?

It will not void your warranty and there is no way they will know that it is installed.

bcgone5150, Sep 24, 2018
  4. sunny2ask Win User

developer, warranty void

It is true that installing GDR3 developer preview will void warranty but what if I don't intend to install GDR3 or any update provided through this program. I just want to 'developer unlock' my phone to deploy an xap file. Will this void my warranty?

sunny2ask, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Will OEM based Windows 10 Home installation leadto harware warranty as VOID ? - Similar Threads - OEM based Home

2. Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Asking Myself. Does Insider Preview Void Warranty In Lenovo, I Can't Trust Myself Because Google Says It Does. But I Don't Trust Google Either. So Does Insider previews Affect Warranty...
  3. Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Asking Myself. Does Insider Preview Void Warranty In Lenovo, I Can't Trust Myself Because Google Says It Does. But I Don't Trust Google Either. So Does Insider previews Affect Warranty...
  4. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Wondering If Pirated Windows [For Example: Tiny11] Will Void Warranty or Not, I Have A Lenovo Laptop And I Don't Know If What Will Void It's Warranty...
  5. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Wondering If Pirated Windows [For Example: Tiny11] Will Void Warranty or Not, I Have A Lenovo Laptop And I Don't Know If What Will Void It's Warranty...
  6. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?: Hi, I Wanted To Upgrade My Windows 10 21h1 To 21h2, But My Laptop Is Still On Warranty, And I Was Scared And Not Brave Enough, Is It Safe To Install Windows 21h2 While It's On Warranty Or It Isn't?...
  8. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?: Hi, I Wanted To Upgrade My Windows 10 21h1 To 21h2, But My Laptop Is Still On Warranty, And I Was Scared And Not Brave Enough, Is It Safe To Install Windows 21h2 While It's On Warranty Or It Isn't?...
  9. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS): I have an asus A555L core i3, 4gb ram and an nvidia 930m. 4gb of ram is a bit less, so im planning to upgrade it. There is a removable cover, covering the ram slot screwed to the bottom of the laptop. If i add another 4 gb of ram by opening the cover, will my warranty be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 oem warenty