Windows 10: Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account?

Discus and support Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want to save all of my Documents folder to OneDrive. I want to sync a subfolder of Documents to the OneDrive cloud. If I put a shortcut to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tigerg2000, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account?

I don't want to save all of my Documents folder to OneDrive. I want to sync a subfolder of Documents to the OneDrive cloud. If I put a shortcut to that folder in the OneDrive folder, are the contents of that folder saved to my Microsoft Account?

Steve

:)

Tigerg2000, Aug 6, 2019
  2. BruceBon Win User

Contents of Applications folders

First attachment is list of items in problem account Applications folder.
    Second is list of items in working account Applications folder.

Do you know from which folders the contents of the Applications folder are derived? I think the contents of AllApps comes from the superset of the following folder/directories:
    - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    I would assume that the contents of Applications are the superset of all executable shortcuts (i.e. not folders, not data files) within the directory trees beneath these directories? Plus others? I thought it was supposed to be everything on the machine, but that is obviously not true, if you compare the 2 attachments.

If/when I figure it out, I will post the solution . . .

Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account? [​IMG]

Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account? [​IMG]

BruceBon, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Hi Joe

This doesn't answer my question, I want the phone to backup photos/videos, text messages & contacts etc. But I don't want the complete content of the OneDrive picture and video directory displayed on the phone. If I delete the content on the phone, will
    it remain on OneDrive, or will it be removed from OneDrive?

Norbert O'Brien, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account?

Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Deleting the files from the OneDrive app will delete them from the OneDrive servers as well.

The said app works differently form a PC wherein you can choose the folders that you want to sync. Using the said app for Windows Mobile will always display all the contents of your account.

You can help Windows Mobile better by submitting a suggestion or feature request about the Windows and Apps.

Follow the steps below to submit a feature request about the mentioned app:

• Launch OneDrive.
    • Tap the Ellipsis [ . . . ] button on the lower right part of the screen.
    • Tap Give feedback.
    • Under the What would you like to send? drop down menu, select
      Suggest an idea.
    • Type in your suggestion in the Include a message text box.
    • Once you're done with the message, tap on the Check
      mark
      located at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thank you.

Joe Men, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account?

1. Will OneDrive save the contents of a shortcut to a folder to My Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - OneDrive save contents

2. Microsoft platform onedrive, computer folder not saving my document changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft platform onedrive, computer folder not saving my document changes.: I installed Windows 11 earlier this year, and there seems to be some automatic link to Microsoft One Drive now. I am also noticing that my documents are not consistently saving automatically, and when I do set them up to save automatically, the changes, after I have actually...
  3. Microsoft platform onedrive, computer folder not saving my document changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft platform onedrive, computer folder not saving my document changes.: I installed Windows 11 earlier this year, and there seems to be some automatic link to Microsoft One Drive now. I am also noticing that my documents are not consistently saving automatically, and when I do set them up to save automatically, the changes, after I have actually...
  4. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive: Hello,I use OneDrive to sync my files in my home Win 10 and work computers Win 11. Both computers have My Documents on the C drive, and synced with OneDrive. I keep copies stored locally in both computers, just in case. I often use shortcuts to folders and paste them in My...
  5. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive: Hello,I use OneDrive to sync my files in my home Win 10 and work computers Win 11. Both computers have My Documents on the C drive, and synced with OneDrive. I keep copies stored locally in both computers, just in case. I often use shortcuts to folders and paste them in My...
  6. Saving shortcuts to the "Microsoft Office" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving shortcuts to the "Microsoft Office" folder: Why would winblows do this? In an effort, which is apparently equivalent to scaling Everest, to remove Microsoft Office I deleted all of my shortcuts. Why can't I just delete Office? Using the remover tool simply removes it from the shown files. I still have the entire suite...
  7. Change where new content is saved to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new content is saved to OneDrive?: OneDrive is great, thank you Microsoft for this amazing feature! I would love to use this as my default drive for saving new content, but it does not seem to be an option. Under Settings, I can only select "This PC C:" I would love to be able to save to OneDrive, is there a...
  8. Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder

Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder: I saved 2 files 1 PPT, 1 xlsx to a folder that's synced with Onedrive. When I look for them with Windows Explorer, they don't show up. I double-checked them in Powerpoint and Excel, and confirmed that I indeed saved them to the right folder, but I simply couldn't see them...
  9. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar: On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents folder where all my work is--not uncommon for users, I bet. On Windows 10 I haven't yet found a shortcut to the Documents folder...
  10. Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive: Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive how to backup shortcut folder content