Windows 10: Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

Discus and support Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Millzy1227, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer.

:)

Millzy1227, Jun 9, 2023
  2. mrow22 Win User

Paperport issue: I blew my printer driver from one machine, still have

Hi For those who know Paperport, I am in desperate need of a solution for the print driver in Paperport. This driver allows one to print anything into Paperport and to print from Paperport to a physical printer. I have done many Restore resets, and most have left issues. I now have a clean download install of both the Brother (HL2280DW) printer drivers and interface, plus Paperport 12 (yes I know it's obsolete) which they offer as a download for registered users of a certain range of machines. Nothing happens when I try to print from or to paperport. I can see it as a printer, but it's non functional. My nearly identical 2nd machine (same OS) has it and works fine, as has this one until I was trying to set the driver to print in *.max format, and did something by mistake to kill it. Here is my system:

Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a... 650165145t-paperport-issue-i-blew-my-printer-driver-one-machine-still-have-system-hp17-u163cl_aa.jpg

My workflow has been to uninstall everything re: Brother printer and Paperport, then to re-install, with PP being the last. The OEM disc won't complete the task so I use the site's download. Using another system restore won't accomplish anything now, I've lost the point in time where it was working well. I might have a Windows 10 image from December and data would not be a problem to restore. I have not used an image before however. For anyone who knows and loves Paperport, I'd be grateful if you could lead me to having a Paperport 12 document printer driver once again. It's frustrating having it on one machine and not the other. My earlier problem which happened with this issue (no functioning search window at Start) was helped by Dalchina and I am appreciative of that. Cheers, Don

mrow22, Jun 9, 2023
  3. mrow22 Win User
    Paperport issue: I blew my printer driver from one machine, still have

Hi Dalchina I did try all that you suggested, performed a number of restores, uninstalls (if needed) and re-install efforts. Finally, as available (i.e., useful) restore points disappeared, I was left with reverting to one which left me with a good operating system including functional Cortana (?). I believe the one I ended up with was an uninstall of Paperport using a trial Revo full version and then installed one item at a time.

Well, if you don't use Paperport none of this makes a lot of sense but we've got a driver interface belonging to Brother for its physical laser printer, and an app for Paperport which is supposed to include its own virtual drivers for i/o throughput for that app, and I just cannot get Paperport's driver to come back. Nuance no longer owns or supports Paperport, so while downloads supporting the earlier systems well into Win 8, Win 10 is not so clear. I have the Brother printer drivers working, and Paperport neatly installed, Cortana working, but the Paperport virtual print driver doesn't do anything. Now, I perform a restore point for each change I make (what I should have done at the beginning) but at this stage the only way to get a document into Paperport 12 is to print a Microsoft PDF into it and convert it to the Paperport default *.max (it will do that much) so that the Paperport magic can be worked on a given document. Thing is, it works fine on my nearly identical machine with same apps, same OS, similar features, same maker, and so this is the part I don't get..... I know it works in Win10 if I could understand what to do. My present Paperport 12 was a download, and I may do a Paperport or Revo uninstall and then try installing it from the disc if I can get that to work. In past attempts it has stopped and I'm not sure at what point that was. The download is a 64 bit. Maybe I should try the 32 and run it in compatibility? There are still a couple of very bent, dog-eared Aces up my virtual sleeve, and even a final solution...to take the newer PC with the aforementioned problem and deposit it into the bin near my back door. I'll keep the power supply.

mrow22, Jun 9, 2023
  4. typeanote Win User

Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

Paperport 14.5 Professional

I have a Brother DCP L2540DW printer/scanner. It came with Paperport that worked with Windows 7 but not Windows 10 Pro.

I just purchased Paperport 14.5 which works with windows 10 pro.

My problem is when I am logged on as the administrator Paperport works fine. However, when I log on as a standard user, Paperport does not "see" a scanner.

As the administrator I shared the printer and scanner installed.

As a standard user I can print but I cannot scan with Paperport.

Any help is appreciated.

typeanote, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

1. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a... - Similar Threads - paperport machine printer

2. No printers work not even pdf printers from any application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No printers work not even pdf printers from any application: My laptop often freezes if I:- try to print from any application either to a physical printer or to a pdf printer, or- try to add a new printer in settingsIf I try to print from Word or a browser, I get one of four results:either nothing happens i.e. the print screen does not...
  3. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...: Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-paperport-work-with-any-windows-machine-and/08bc397e-20e4-4810-ad95-cac94ac7a6ce
  4. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...: Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-paperport-work-with-any-windows-machine-and/08bc397e-20e4-4810-ad95-cac94ac7a6ce
  5. Hi i have a laserjet printer and doesn't work any more!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i have a laserjet printer and doesn't work any more!!!: Hi i have a laserjet printer hp and something became wrong with its drive, it can't be installed even i tried several times it doesn't work i don't know why and its scanner is appeared on my pc but the printer no....can you help me pls...
  6. Hi i have a laserjet printer and doesn't work any more!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi i have a laserjet printer and doesn't work any more!!!: Hi i have a laserjet printer hp and something became wrong with its drive, it can't be installed even i tried several times it doesn't work i don't know why and its scanner is appeared on my pc but the printer no....can you help me pls...
  7. Hi i have a laserjet printer and doesn't work any more!!!

8. Windows does not print anything, on any printer

Windows does not print anything, on any printer: Model: Surface 3 OS: Windows 10 Version: 1903 Build: 18362.75 I updated my os to this version last week. Since then I cannot print anything. I tried all the troubleshooting methods I found online, but it didn´t help. I can install printers, see the status of each of...
  9. Paperport not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paperport not working: When I opened PaperPort professional 14, a window opened informing me the program appears to be operating in Windows XP compatibility mode; the note recommended the disabling of compatibility mode for PaperPort.exe; for additional information I was referred to technote 6629,...
  10. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Unable to print to any printer or on any network: Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from...