Windows 10: Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

Discus and support Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a single HDD partitioned into 3 drives.The version is Windows 10 21H1Will resetting Windows 10 with Keep My Files option uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DRaKula_11, May 21, 2022.

1. Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

I have a laptop with a single HDD partitioned into 3 drives.The version is Windows 10 21H1Will resetting Windows 10 with Keep My Files option uninstall games and programs on the other two drives E:/ and F:/?Also will the Program Files folder and the AppData folder get uninstalled too, I am concerned as far as I know, many games have their save files stored in AppData folder and Program Files folder is important too.If yes, then will copying them into other drives help in any way?Thanks!

:)

DRaKula_11, May 21, 2022

2. Windows Store Games

Hi,

A corrupted profile data associated with the game and availability of updates for the game are two of the primary factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting performance and stability issues with games on Windows 10. Here are the
    troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps and games downloaded from the Windows Store. In addition, we also suggest running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to help diagnose and resolve compatibility issues encountered when
    running games on Windows 10. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 2: Check for game update

If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, you may manually search if there are updates available for the games. As for the steps, see

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu

Resetting the game from the Settings menu can help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the game and check if you'll encounter the same issue.​​
    Let us know it goes after performing these troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., May 21, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, May 21, 2022
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

Refreshing Windows tries to delete Non-C Drive Programs and Games

Hi Ethan,

Can you please provide us the steps that you taking when you are refreshing/resetting your Windows 10. It will be very helpful if you can also send a screenshot.

Here are the steps on how to refresh/reset your Windows 10:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • On the left side, click Recovery.
    • On the right side, you will see Reset this PC.
    • Under Reset this PC, click Get Started.
    • Choose between Keep my files or Remove everything.
    After choosing between Keep my files or Remove everything, usually, a window will pop-up saying that you have multiple partitions. You can either choose to remove
    Only the drive where Windows is installed or All drive. Please inform us if you can see that window. Also, please provide us what drive you installed on your Windows 10.

We also suggest that you back up your programs using an external drive just to be sure that nothing gets lost after refreshing/resetting your computer.

Looking forward to your reply.

Argel Obm, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

1. Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My... - Similar Threads - programs games stored

2. Windows reset w/ keep files shows it will delete things on other drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset w/ keep files shows it will delete things on other drives: Hello, I am trying to reset Windows in hopes of solving some other issues with my PC. I am running Windows 11 and Windows 11 is the only thing I care about on my C: drive. I have plenty of games, software, and work related stuff across my D-G drives that I would like Windows...
  3. Windows reset w/ keep files shows it will delete things on other drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reset w/ keep files shows it will delete things on other drives: Hello, I am trying to reset Windows in hopes of solving some other issues with my PC. I am running Windows 11 and Windows 11 is the only thing I care about on my C: drive. I have plenty of games, software, and work related stuff across my D-G drives that I would like Windows...
  4. Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...: I have a laptop with a single HDD partitioned into 3 drives.The version is Windows 10 21H1Will resetting Windows 10 with Keep My Files option uninstall games and programs on the other two drives E:/ and F:/?Also will the Program Files folder and the AppData folder get...
  5. Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will programs/games stored in other drives get deleted after Windows 10 reset with Keep My...: I have a laptop with a single HDD partitioned into 3 drives.The version is Windows 10 21H1Will resetting Windows 10 with Keep My Files option uninstall games and programs on the other two drives E:/ and F:/?Also will the Program Files folder and the AppData folder get...
  6. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  7. Windows 10 keeps deleting programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps deleting programs: I 've had a few clients report the issue where Windows 10 has totally removed all traces of a program from the OS.Today two were interesting.Office 2016 Home and BusinessA financial application like QuickBooksIn both cases the users were using the applications yesterday,...
  8. Getting Windows to identify programs on other drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Windows to identify programs on other drives: I recently formatted my C: drive and reinstalled windows. Everything is working much better now except that it doesn't seem to recognize that I have a number of application already installed. For example, on my D: drive I have my entire Steam library, but none of the games...
  9. uninstall program from other deleted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall program from other deleted drive: i have the same problem with a guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1i have an ssd wich was cutted in half and was C: with win and D: with games and i put the command subst D: C:\ as it was...
  10. Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?: Hi, I want to format my PC using the windows 10 reset function and it gives an option to wipe everything, as in all the data. I have several other hard drives connected internally and externally, will they be affected by the wipe? I only want to format and erase all data...