Windows 10: Will quick format deletes windows os?

Discus and support Will quick format deletes windows os? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to quick format my hdd one which has windows installed on it. So when i quick format it, will the formatting process removes the windows os as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hir0Cyn, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Hir0Cyn Win User

Will quick format deletes windows os?

I want to quick format my hdd one which has windows installed on it. So when i quick format it, will the formatting process removes the windows os as well?

:)

Hir0Cyn, Nov 21, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Delete VS Format

Quick format if you know there is no bad blocks on the disk.

Maybe the reason that formating is faster is that un like delete it has to check what parts of the disk needs deleting. Were with format it's just ok bye bye all unless it's a full format which takes longer due to checking the disk.

AsRock, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    Quick format or normal format?

I have a 500GB drive in my iMac, to format 250GB for boot camp and Windows took around 45min. I tried quick format first, but it didn't work. So, yes, I feel your pain. lol

Wile E, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Will quick format deletes windows os?

Delete VS Format

I have a 4 gig usb stick that I use to xfer stuf from my desktop to my laptop. Sometimes I Copy the stuff instead of Move - so I have to delete the stuff to clear the stick.

I notice something odd. Sometimes windows reports it will take a long time to delete my 4 gigs worth of data.. like 40 minutes to an hour.. so I say heck with this and just format the usb stick which deletes everything anyway.. this only takes seconds to erase all the data using Format.

Whats the differe3nce here? Why does windows take so long to delete when format does it instantly?

Is formatting the ubs stick this way to erase data bad for the stick?

If not, I will always use it.. but this bugged me so I wanted some expert opinions..
    Thanks

John Phoenix, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Will quick format deletes windows os?

1. Will quick format deletes windows os? - Similar Threads - quick format deletes

2. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  3. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  4. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick format a Bitlocked drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick format a Bitlocked drive: I have a couple of dozen 1TB drives that are Bitlocked and I wish to render them unreadable, but also reuse them later.I am wondering if a Quick Format would make the rest of the original encrypted material left on the disk indecipherable because of what Quick Format actually...
  6. how to quick format a CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to quick format a CD: I have 14 CDs that I need to re-format. I'd like to use quick format, and that option appears on the Format options, but it will not allow me to check on it. I know erase is a lot faster, but for legal reasons don't ask LOL that is not acceptable. Thanks for you help....
  7. Format and reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format and reinstall OS: Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the drive (from dos) from a USB drive in order to do a clean install of windows 10....
  8. Difference between Format and quick format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference between Format and quick format: Question: Does selecting format, not Quick Format, write over the drive with some algorithms or just the FAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-format-and-quick-format/6de9cae2-54e1-4556-9a96-499db743641a
  9. quick format- data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    quick format- data recovery: Accident I did quick format of D drive (windows 10), the data is in drive, I am not able to see any why to recover the data, can any one guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-format-data-recovery/5e55eb45-391a-45da-9a08-50e709c2d7a9
  10. Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted os and formatted the internal disk of system how to troubleshoot: Hi, I had bought Micromax canvas LT 777 laptab yesterday i was trying to format sd card in my laptab so i used cmd but i was unable to format sd card so i downloaded secondary software and tryed to format unfortunately i selected the internal disk 0 of laptab and it asked me...