Windows 10: Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed?

Discus and support Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I buy second pci card & ssd - Have 2 Pcie 1x open slots that bench faster than satalll, but still slow - Will 2 ssd's work in raid 0? Thx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoJoLo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. GoJoLo Win User

Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed?

Before I buy second pci card & ssd - Have 2 Pcie 1x open slots that bench faster than satalll, but still slow - Will 2 ssd's work in raid 0?

Thx

gojolo

:)

GoJoLo, Nov 12, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Yes, in Youtube I have seen a video of a brave technician which dared to cut the rest of a graphics card with a cutting wheel in order to make it physically PCI-E 1x. And then he installed in a PCI-E 1x slot and it worked! Because of the smaller size and only 1x speed function it can be used for basic display (like the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter). It has very few, close to nothing, acceleration, but it can work and be used in a dual screen setup! But the normal is to use a small size card on a larger PCI-E slot when no PCI-E 1x slot is available. The opposite is very uncommon and really not recommended.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed?

Windows Freezing at Welcome Screen when Adding GPU to PCI Express Slots

those GPUs will probably only work on PCIe 16x slots, even if they are all running at 8x because of multigpu, they will not work properly on 1x slots.

This is not about the speed, but more about the PCIe lanes the slots can support. GPUs needs 16 lanes to work (again even if internaly they will split the load between 2 installed GPUs).

Yes I believe if you can split those slots they will still work, make sure you use 1x to 16x splitters, so both cards will receive data from those 16 lanes. They will still split the load and go at 8x each but it should work. Those you shown me are 16x to
    1x. The 1x to 16x is not a splitter per say but will make you GPUs compatible, since it will also take some power from your PSU to power the slot correctly. Use as many as you need in your PC for your needs.

They are specifically made for GPU powered dataminers like in your case.

1x to 16x power riser adapter

They are so new they only be released on Wednesday.

warhammer37m, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed?

1. Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed? - Similar Threads - Raid Pcie slots

2. Windows 11 and .1x not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and .1x not working: So I am running into an issue where I've got Win 11 clients here and there that will not connect to our .1x wifi. I have read tons of articles about this having to do with credential guard and a work around is to disable it via GPO. So I was able to get this to work on a few...
  3. PCIe x16 slot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PCIe x16 slot: Hi, There's a graphic card that I want to purchase, but my system is not very advanced and I'm not sure that the motherboard has the required slot for it. The graphic card requires a PCIe x16 slot. I attached a photo of the lower section of the motherboard, could someone...
  4. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  5. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  6. Why doesn't putting 2 NVMe SSDs in RAID 0 double the speed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why doesn't putting 2 NVMe SSDs in RAID 0 double the speed?: Hey, I wasn't able to find the answer for this anywhere. What are the reason that putting 2 M.2 SSDs into RAID 0 double the speed? Is there someone that can explain why? Also, why wouldn't turning on Rapid Storage Technology at this point make a difference? Thanks for...
  7. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  8. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...
  9. Is there Motherboard diagnostic software for PCIe slot available?

Is there Motherboard diagnostic software for PCIe slot available?: Hi. First, the question. Is there any diagnostic software available to let me know whether my PCIe slot is working? Just thought maybe someone here, might be able to answer. P8z77-v motherboard for i7 2700k. HD6970 gpus. I used to run Crossfire in Windows 7. Worked...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...