Windows 10: Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10?

Discus and support Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently have 149 processes running, using 1468 threads. The computer is very slow, much slower than Windows 7. If I reduce the above numbers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob-M2, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Bob-M2 Win User

Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10?

I currently have 149 processes running, using 1468 threads.

The computer is very slow, much slower than Windows 7.

If I reduce the above numbers, will I get back the old performance?

:)

Bob-M2, Jan 26, 2019

2. Web browsing reduced speed with Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

It could be due to the Network Adapters drivers or Security Software. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check:

Method 1:
    Run the Internet Connection Troubleshooter and check.

Internet connections troubleshooter allows check for any errors or incorrect settings and fixes them. You can refer these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in the search and click on
                Troubleshooting.

• In the new window click
                on the left pane.

• In the list of options, click on
                Internet Connection.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try in Safe Mode with Networking and check.

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

• Select Troubleshootand click on Advanced Options.

• Select Startup Settingsand click on
            Restart.

• After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Increasing scroll speed without increasing number of lines??

Hi,

Conflicts with the touchpad driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues with the scroll speed. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to download and install the latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer's website of your device.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Will reducing the number of threads speed up Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reducing number threads

2. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  3. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  4. Speeding up Windows 10 !

Speeding up Windows 10 !: I would just like to say out of all the little tweeks and adjustments, this seems to have made a big impact ! Like most people I have tried most things to "Speed up Windows 10". I have read so many web sites and tried so many things with very little responce or noticebly...
  5. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  6. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  7. How to know my maximum number of threads and my internet speed

How to know my maximum number of threads and my internet speed: Hello, I would like to know how many people (bots) could surf online with my computers. So I would like to know the number of threads maximum my computer can handle. Moreover, I would like to know if my computer is very good (and very nice CPU to handle hundres of threads),...
  8. Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues: Windows keeps resetting the network speed to 100mbps. When I set the speed to "1.0 Gbps full duplex" after a short period there are connectivity issues - the network cuts out and turns back on a few times, then comes back on with the speed reduced to 100mbps. Using a tplink...
  9. How does the number of Threads and Handles are related to the Speeds o

in Windows 10 Support
    How does the number of Threads and Handles are related to the Speeds o: How does the number of Threads and Handles are related to the Speeds of CPU\Cors? I couldn’t figure out what Threads and Handles are indicating for and how are they related to the capacity of the CPU\Cores? Thank you Jamal [img] 124480
  10. Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10: Hello, Dear Microsoft Community, I've felt that my wifi speed on my windows 10 device is getting slower, while on my smartphone it is always consistent, I would appreciate if you share with me tips to accelerate my wifi speed on Windows 10! Thanks in advance!...