Windows 10: Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

Discus and support Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to reformat my pc and give it to my niece since I don't play video games anymore. Is it possible to reformat and change the name of it? Or is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fatgai, Mar 31, 2021.

1. /u/fatgai Win User

Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

I want to reformat my pc and give it to my niece since I don't play video games anymore. Is it possible to reformat and change the name of it? Or is it stuck with the name I gave it (chubbyboy)? I still have the windows 10 key. Is there anything I would need to know before reformatting it?

submitted by /u/fatgai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fatgai, Mar 31, 2021

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Mar 31, 2021
  3. change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

change windows 10 pc name

Hi Johnson,

Yes, there is a way on how you can change your PC name. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Bar type Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security.
    • Under System click See the name of this computer.
    • On the left side of Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click
      Change settings.
    • Windows will now need to restart, so save any files you have open, and then click
      OK.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

1. Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name? - Similar Threads - Reformatting Allow change

2. Reformat the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat the PC: So install a new SSD m2 got one already. I migrated the data from one to the other. Now i am stuck with this eternal problem with Windows recovery environment being broken.So here is what i have tryed.I have install windows on a USB stick with your Tool. I boot from that, no...
  3. Reformat the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reformat the PC: So install a new SSD m2 got one already. I migrated the data from one to the other. Now i am stuck with this eternal problem with Windows recovery environment being broken.So here is what i have tryed.I have install windows on a USB stick with your Tool. I boot from that, no...
  4. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  5. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  6. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. PC Name Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Name Changed: Hi Everyone, I decided to finally change my pc name and now I have two user accounts on login. I've tried everything available on google to delete the second account but to no avail. This is what I tried: delete any other account on "users accounts" but there was nothing...
  8. pc name change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc name change: i'm moving stuff from my pc to another pc to become mine, how do i change the name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-name-change/4e31259e-94b1-4731-899d-6f37a9f4b074
  9. Reformatting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting PC: Hello! I'm having a problem reformatting my PC. It always says there is no recovery drive found. I searched for possible ways and I found one about enabling it in the Command Prompt. It told me to type "reagentc /enable" but what pops up next is "REAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE...
  10. Changing PC Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing PC Name: I have several PC's that need to have the names changed. These PC's are part of our network, will there be any adverse effects to the network access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-pc-name/da223a76-b3a7-4944-bc3f-36e7b2990fd0