Windows 10: Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files?

Discus and support Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I changed a value in windows while following a youtube tutorial and it ended up with me having a completely unbootable windows. I have done everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImInfiniteBTW, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files?

I changed a value in windows while following a youtube tutorial and it ended up with me having a completely unbootable windows. I have done everything I could (startup repair, restore, go back to previous version, factory reset) but everything ends up in an error. The only thing I havent tried is booting from a different a usb drive. I am at the point where I judt want my pc functioning again but if I cab save the $500+ worth of video games that would be optimal. Any help would be very muvh appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/ImInfiniteBTW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImInfiniteBTW, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 2, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Chewy Win User

Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files?

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files?

1. Will reimstalling from a bootable usb delete my files? - Similar Threads - reimstalling bootable usb

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  6. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  7. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  8. usb bootable

usb bootable: need to create a usb bootable for a macos using windows10s. tried with transmac but says need window 10 instead of s mode. don't want to loose s mode. what to do. is there something in the app store i can use...
  9. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  10. WIndows 10 install with no bootable USB/DVD, deleting the install files

WIndows 10 install with no bootable USB/DVD, deleting the install files: Hi all, I searched in vain for a solution for this, and in fact, what I have done appears a bit unusual, but I'm sure someone can help me. I have just upgraded an old Asus K50IJ laptop (circa 2010, 4gb, Intel t4400@2.2Ghz, Windows 7 Home), with a new SSD, and a clean...