Windows 10: Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10?

Discus and support Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, my computer was in need of an upgrade and I decided to see what all this Ryzen hype was about these days. I'm going from an i5-6600k to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConfiscatedConundrum, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10?

Hey all, my computer was in need of an upgrade and I decided to see what all this Ryzen hype was about these days. I'm going from an i5-6600k to a Ryzen 7 3700x. Alongside a MSI B550 Gaming plus mobo. The SSD I used with the old cpu/motherboard won't boot in bios, so I'm reinstalling windows on a flash drive and booting the pc that way. Will this fresh install overwrite the Win10 on the SSD once I get it booted? I'm a little green to the installing software version of the pc build. Thanks for any and all help!

submitted by /u/ConfiscatedConundrum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConfiscatedConundrum, Apr 13, 2021
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 13, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 13, 2021
  4. erixx Win User

Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10?

Windows 10 Club

I am building a dual boot with win10pro and win10 home. one for work and one for games.
    Step by step win10 RTM got worse, no idea why. Also my X99 board was not working well, too much warm reboot locks. Updating to November upgrade was a loop-hell, just like going from 8.1 to 10, i must be damned by nighly witches.... so I decided to reinstall from scratch.
    Horrors:
    1. The Media Creation Tool downloaded ... W10 pre-november, so again another step needed
    2. During install NO USB keyboard or mice worked, be it usb2 or 3 ports. tested with all kb's inhouse. none worked. As this never happende before I tried removing bios battery, and adding a old usb2 port... it worked! (hopefully now my OC will also be much better, lol)
    3. After win8 created 2 partitions on the left: Recover and Efi, win 10 created another on the right of the system partition.
    Is there a way to know if anything at all is inside these recovery partitions? Recovery never worked for me... I'd like to erase, leave only EFI...

erixx, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10?

1. Will reinstalling Windows 10 erase the old copy of Win10? - Similar Threads - reinstalling erase old

2. Windows 10 old copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 old copy: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  3. Windows 10 old copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 old copy: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  4. obtain old copy of windows 10

obtain old copy of windows 10: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  5. Windows 10 old copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  7. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  8. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I reinstalled Win10 after a Secure Erase and my trash is full of old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I reinstalled Win10 after a Secure Erase and my trash is full of old files: I just formatted my Samsung SSD with their Secure Erase tool and did a clean install of Windows 10 afterwards. I was quite shocked to find that my trash is full of files I've deleted right before I formatted the drive. And not just references - I can actually just restore...
  10. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.: My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again. My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is...