Windows 10: Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

Discus and support Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After experiencing several issues, I decided to finally bite the bullet and do a complete fresh install of my windows 10 PRO. My question is, if I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngieGreen2, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

After experiencing several issues, I decided to finally bite the bullet and do a complete fresh install of my windows 10 PRO.

My question is, if I am doing this complete fresh install (by deleting all my files and basically starting from scratch) will it delete any files that have been stored in a different drive that has been partitioned (I will do the fresh install on the 110gb ssd that I use ONLY for windows and some other smaller things, but do not want the 1tb partitioned HDD that I have to be touched- as I use it to save all my programs and files)

My follow-up question to this is if I do not currently have a USB stick (think my daughter took the one I normally have for these situations) would I be able to save the media to an empty partition on the secondary HDD and set my boot from that partitioned drive? (for example before doing this I went through all my files and cleaned them up ALOT and moved things around and my E: and F: are both currently EMPTY - can I save the media to the E: as though it were just like a USB stick and set the boot from in BIOS to temporarily be that drive? The only issue I see is that i won't be able to "unplug" it very easily and by setting it as the boot drive wont it force windows to continue to boot from there and not be able to finish the install correctly? (yes this is probably a very stupid question but I do tend to overthink things - sorry in advance! LOL)

:)

AngieGreen2, Nov 22, 2019
  2. CDdude55 Win User

Questions about backing up and reinstalling Windows.

If i want to reinstall Windows and i have two HDD's can i backup my files to the HDD that doesnt have the OS on it and then reinstall Windows on the HDD that has the OS?

Also, after its done reinstalling do i just drag the files from the second HDD to the desktop?

CDdude55, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Manoj111 Win User
    internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

After reinstalling Windows 10: internal HDD is not accessible/ Access is denied

I looked for a lot of solutions, the problem is they all have a step I don't have which is clicking on "owner". I don't have an "owner" tab in the HDD properties> security>Advance.

This is a standalone internal HDD in Windows 10. I reinstalled Windows 10 and all my other HDDs (partitioned or not) are working just fine except for this one (which is a standalone internal HDD). The letter
    name did change (from 'I' to 'D') although the other HDD that used to be called 'D' just switched to 'I' automatically and it is working fine.

I appreciate any help. Cheers.

Here is what I get from HDD properties> security>Advance and the second pick is when I click on "change" next to "owner". That is my current PC name that appears.

Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD? 20bc15a1-500a-4ac8-bc20-9269c90a18c8?upload=true.png

Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD? d0e2af52-80e5-4995-9de9-a1450795aca6?upload=true.png

ShadowHeart1, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

1. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD? - Similar Threads - reinstalling delete files

2. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  3. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  4. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting second windows file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting second windows file?: I recently put a new SSD on my pc with windows and booted with that. Now I have all those other windows file. They do not show in temporary files. submitted by /u/MelonASE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j998q7/deleting_second_windows_file/
  6. Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?: On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a desktop for the 1 TB drive as documents, photos, videos and other storage hogs will be on it. Dell tech support (if I was...
  7. Issue with files on Second internal HDD. Could be permission related?

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with files on Second internal HDD. Could be permission related?: Hi I heard of there being an issue with permissions in a recent update of windows 10 I currently have 1909 and I have been having this strange issue on my internal HDD that I use for downloads and games. Some videos will not open with certain video applications such as...
  8. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  9. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  10. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...