Windows 10: Will "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" delete d: drive data?

Discus and support Will "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" delete d: drive data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my documents, downloads, pictures, etc locations set up in d: drive. If I "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" from Settings>Update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zacce, Feb 2, 2021.

1. /u/zacce Win User

Will "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" delete d: drive data?

I have my documents, downloads, pictures, etc locations set up in d: drive. If I "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" from Settings>Update and Recovery, will it remove the data in d:?

If the answer is yes, what if I change those folder locations back to c: before reinstall? Will it still remove the data in d:?

submitted by /u/zacce
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zacce, Feb 2, 2021
  2. J.C.Goh Win User

PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition

My PC comes with Windows 10 installed in the C-drive with another partition D-drive for data storage. I did a backup to D-drive before doing a "Remove Everything" PC reset. However, all data in D-drive was also deleted. Why does PC reset also delete data
    in D-drive and how do I recover the D-drive data?

J.C.Goh, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Alex F Win User
    How to delete D drive encrypted by Bitlocker without password or recovery key?

There's a Dell PC running Windows 10 in my office that a previous user had that they created an encrypted D drive with Bitlocker. The guy has left and nobody has proper contact with them.

I don't care about the data on the D drive I just want to delete the drive off the PC. Steps I have already taken are:

• Reinstall Windows
    • Reset the PC with the options "Remove everything" and "Only drives where windows is installed"

When I chose the option "All drives" I get an error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC".

Can anyone provide instructions on how to delete the D drive encrypted with Bitlocker?

Alex F, Feb 2, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Removal of D: partition

You can delete oem recovery partitions usually 5+GB.

Do not delete the much smaller windows 10 recovery partition (usually around 450MB). If you do, it is not critical, but means you will not be able to reset your pc from windows and you would have to d a full reinstall (tbh this is preferable really anyway).

cereberus, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Will "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" delete d: drive data? - Similar Threads - Remove everything reinstall

2. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  3. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  4. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  5. Remove everything and reinstall Windows Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove everything and reinstall Windows Not Working: When I select "Remove everything and reinstall Windows", it is not deleting some Wallpapers I downloaded from Microsoft Store, but the folder for these Wallpapers are nowhere to be found except as my background. Am I missing something here, in doing a "Reset PC"? I am using...
  6. Is it safe for me to delete DATA D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe for me to delete DATA D: drive?: I'm using a laptop which I've had for a while now. It has two volumes, OS C: and DATA D:, which I don't think have been changed since it was set up. All my data, aside from a few files, is stored on the C: drive, and I'd like to be able to combine the almost 560GB on the D:...
  7. PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition

PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition: My PC comes with Windows 10 installed in the C-drive with another partition D-drive for data storage. I did a backup to D-drive before doing a "Remove Everything" PC reset. However, all data in D-drive was also deleted. Why does PC reset also delete data in D-drive and how do...
  8. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  9. reinstall D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall D: drive: windows upgrade deleted how do I reinstall D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-d-drive/24b4c04b-1a7a-45b2-9c17-dc3389f63c8d
  10. Will reinstalling windows 10 delete data in other drives?

Will reinstalling windows 10 delete data in other drives?: Hi! I have a question that is rather simple. Here's the situation: I want to reinstall windows on my computer because I feel like windows are being buggy lately on my pc. It works great on my laptop but my pc has software issues. The best thing we can do is reinstall windows...