Windows 10: Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key?

Discus and support Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got an old PC that had Windows 10 Pro and tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my Gaming PC to Pro so I signed in on my Microsoft account on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JAMEZ WOULF, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key?

I got an old PC that had Windows 10 Pro and tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my Gaming PC to Pro so I signed in on my Microsoft account on the older computer, but then after a bit of research I found out OEM keys cannot be transferred from one device to another. Will I lose access to the Pro key on the older computer if I remove my Microsoft account from it?

:)

JAMEZ WOULF, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key?

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key?

1. Will removing my account from a Windows 10 device remove it's product key? - Similar Threads - removing account device

2. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  3. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  4. Account removal from a device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Remove Device from account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from account: Hello everyone. I’m a bit confused. So my computer that broke down on me that has a M2 SSD and I have to send it in for a replacement pc. And I have no way to erase the computer as the motherboard died and I have no other computer with a M2 SSD. In fact I have no new...
  6. Remove Product key from computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Product key from computer: I'm putting a new system together. It has an OEM key with it but I wanted to do some mods and test it before I activated it. When I was doing some driver updates for the new computer logged onto my Gmail account which is the account I use for my Microsoft account. I did not...
  7. Remove windows product key from email

Remove windows product key from email: I have a windows digital license key i installed the license key on two devices and two license key installed in email i want to remove the license key from one email...
  8. How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?: I found a product key online and I decided to put it on my computer. I then linked it to my Microsoft account and now I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-product-key-from-your-microsoft/0774389d-d36f-4b55-9556-6f6832a0b6fe"
  9. Remove a device from my child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove a device from my child's account: Hi My wife and I have linked our childrens' device to our Microsoft account. We have two devices showing as connected for one child, by hovering over the "see devices" on the right hand side. We wish to remove one device but no matter what we do there is no option to do...
  10. removing a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing a device from my Microsoft account: How do I remove a device from my devices in my Microsoft account ? I no longer have a windows Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/b01681e7-1a24-456f-8441-b20b0802cf1d