Windows 10: Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

Discus and support Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've set my new 4K monitor to power off after 20 minutes of inactivity. (Windows -- Power & Sleep options). I was wondering if this is sufficient to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by orlando1974, May 4, 2021.

1. Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

I've set my new 4K monitor to power off after 20 minutes of inactivity. (Windows -- Power & Sleep options). I was wondering if this is sufficient to protect it from getting burned in or if I should activate it earlier, (or maybe activate a screen saver before then)?

:)

orlando1974, May 4, 2021

2. Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

Hello @orlando1974,

With modern technology now at a stage when it has never been better, these sorts of things have a far less impact than previously, especially considering that manufacturers know that people are using TVs as monitors besides as a TV.

You could check out the online PDF manual for example to see if there is a reference mentioned to a specific length of inactivity that may cause the screen damage. This sort of damage was more prevalent with the old CRT monitors etc. As you have it set to 20 minutes, which is changeable obviously, then I don't think that you should be overly concerned.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, May 4, 2021
  3. Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

I've set my new 4K monitor to power off after 20 minutes of inactivity. (Windows -- Power & Sleep options).
    I was wondering if this is sufficient to protect it from getting burned in or if I should activate it earlier, (or maybe activate a screen saver before then)?

orlando1974, May 4, 2021
  4. Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

lg lcd 4k 43"

- - - Updated - - -

SECOND QUESTION: Screen saver is set to come on after 3 minutes....but it only does 50% of the time. I can't identify what might be causing this hit/miss about this feature...

Do you know what are some things known to interfere with the screen saver activating?

orlando1974, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor?

1. Will repeated 20 minutes of inactivity damage 4K monitor? - Similar Threads - repeated minutes inactivity

2. "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity: I experienced the error "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly" while away from the PC for ~20 minutes. Normally, the PC went into power-saving mode when the crash occurred.According to the Minidump file, the error is related to dam.sys.I experience the error on XPS 8960....
  3. "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity: I experienced the error "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly" while away from the PC for ~20 minutes. Normally, the PC went into power-saving mode when the crash occurred.According to the Minidump file, the error is related to dam.sys.I experience the error on XPS 8960....
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  5. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  6. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...