Windows 10: Will reset just clean system drive c?

Discus and support Will reset just clean system drive c? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will my other drives like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Will reset just clean system drive c?

Will my other drives like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset?

:)

Abid AhmedZidan, Oct 28, 2020
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Oct 28, 2020
  3. system clean up

• Right-click start and choose "Run" then type cleanmgr ("cleanup manager") and click OK.
    • If asked to choose a drive, pick your C: drive (or wherever Windows is installed).
    • In the popup, ignore everything and click the "Clean up system files" button. Don't miss this step.
    • Now you can select all the update-related stuff above to clear it out (or clear it all, all of it is safe to remove if you want to free space).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 28, 2020
  4. rboppy Win User

Will reset just clean system drive c?

What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Will reset just clean system drive c?

1. Will reset just clean system drive c? - Similar Threads - reset clean system

2. How to clean my c drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean my c drive?: Hi so I've had a problem for a while that my c drive is always in the red and me trying to perform disk cleanups aren't working. The only folders I have in there that take up any space are the necessary Program Files and Users ones. Any way to fix this?...
  3. How to clean my c drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean my c drive?: Hi so I've had a problem for a while that my c drive is always in the red and me trying to perform disk cleanups aren't working. The only folders I have in there that take up any space are the necessary Program Files and Users ones. Any way to fix this?...
  4. My C Drive System Drive is Filling Up For Just No Reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C Drive System Drive is Filling Up For Just No Reason: My System Drive is Filling Up For No Reason at The Rate of 2gb per day.I Am Not Downloading any apps or saving any Files. I Deleted All Unnecessary Apps and Still The C Drive is Filling Up For Apparently no Reason.Thanks For Any Help...
  5. Resetting C drive permissions after deleting ‘SYSTEM’

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting C drive permissions after deleting ‘SYSTEM’: I accidentally changed the permissions for the C drive, deleting the Group/User ‘SYSTEM’. I have performed a reset and the permissions haven’t been restored to default. Please advise on how to correct this. Thank you! submitted by /u/blacknightcat [link] [comments]...
  6. Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM': I accidentally changed the permissions for the C drive, deleting the Group/user 'SYSTEM'. I have performed a reset and the permissions haven't been restored to default. Screenshot below. Please advise on how to correct this. Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  7. Clean C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean C drive: Hello all, I want to clean my C disk to factory windows 10, but if i choose remove everything > Only the drive where windows is installed C drive > Just remove my files; it needs 3.46Gb more to clean up, i'm afraid to choose the other option, because i think it could remove...
  8. Will reset just clean system drive c?

Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drive like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/1af7729f-d8bf-4aca-b73d-c97ade0582ef
  9. Reset & Drive Clean Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset & Drive Clean Failed: After being stuck in the restart failed loop, I managed to restore my laptop to a previous date, back up files and reset the laptop which failed. After seeking further advice I decided to do a complete drive clean up however this has also failed....
  10. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Resetting PC and cleaning drive: Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed resetting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc-and-cleaning-drive/dd5d7311-2c94-4bc7-9229-28cef0965157