Windows 10: will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

Discus and support will "Reset this PC" fix anything? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; TLDR: - Updated Windows 10- Windows security and defender stopped working- Can't install anything- Will "Reset this PC" give me a fresh start?- If not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lilyyyy300, May 17, 2022.

1. will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

TLDR: - Updated Windows 10- Windows security and defender stopped working- Can't install anything- Will "Reset this PC" give me a fresh start?- If not, what do you recommend I do?The long story: Hi, I updated windows 10 and lost access to windows security. Basically, it kept telling me that I need to turn my firewall on never turned it off in the first place so I tried opening windows security to do that.Series of ensuing events:1. Windows security would crash every time I opened it2. Tried numerous "solutions" but now whenever I try opening windows security, I get this Also had this issue:

:)

Lilyyyy300, May 17, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 17, 2022
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    resetting the pc

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to software corruption. To properly isolate the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Have you performed Reset this PC option?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to fix the issue?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, May 17, 2022
  4. will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 17, 2022
Thema:

will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

1. will "Reset this PC" fix anything? - Similar Threads - Reset fix anything

2. Anything I open on my PC crashes, is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anything I open on my PC crashes, is there a fix?: I noticed an issue with my PC when it was having an issue opening a steam game. I had other apps running in the background so I figured the reason why the game would open with no screen, no visible window at all, and then crash was a steam issue. Then I soon learned anything...
  3. Anything I open on my PC crashes, is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anything I open on my PC crashes, is there a fix?: I noticed an issue with my PC when it was having an issue opening a steam game. I had other apps running in the background so I figured the reason why the game would open with no screen, no visible window at all, and then crash was a steam issue. Then I soon learned anything...
  4. Anything I open on my PC crashes, is there a fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  6. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  7. Fix pc factory reset

8. will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will "Reset this PC" fix anything?: TLDR: - Updated Windows 10- Windows security and defender stopped working- Can't install anything- Will "Reset this PC" give me a fresh start?- If not, what do you recommend I do?The long story: Hi, I updated windows 10 and lost access to windows security. Basically, it kept...
  9. will "Reset this PC" fix anything?

will "Reset this PC" fix anything?: TLDR: - Updated Windows 10- Windows security and defender stopped working- Can't install anything- Will "Reset this PC" give me a fresh start?- If not, what do you recommend I do?The long story: Hi, I updated windows 10 and lost access to windows security. Basically, it kept...
  10. How to fix Problem Resetting This PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix Problem Resetting This PC: I tried all a lot of method but none of them worked. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-problem-resetting-this-pc/069f577c-9629-4305-be52-a1bcd95ce57c