Windows 10: Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows 10 first came around I installed it to my Windows 8.1 laptop (Toshiba Satellite L50-B), but now that i'm looking to sell it I was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by freya99, Jun 10, 2019.

1. freya99 Win User

Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1

When Windows 10 first came around I installed it to my Windows 8.1 laptop (Toshiba Satellite L50-B), but now that i'm looking to sell it I was just wondering if a factory reset would remove Windows 10 or not? Because I know that you now have to pay for Windows 10, I don't want the value to be decreased for this laptop. Is there anyway i could remove my data from it whilst keeping windows 10?

:)

freya99, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Begins Rolling Out in Waves

Will there be an Windows.old folder created that I cannot remove after the upgrade?
    My laptop came pre-installed with windows 8, it's on a hidden partition,
    if I want to to do a factory restore from within Windows 10, does it use the hidden partition and restore to Windows 8 on my laptop?

P4-630, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - reseting laptop restore

2. how to restore windows 8 activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore windows 8 activation.: hellomy laptop has windows 8 preinstalled and activatedi buy it with windows 10 installed and activated but i can't change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 10i downgrade to windows 8.1. the same situation. impossible to...
  3. how to restore windows.old on windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore windows.old on windows 8?: like i was trying to go to settings but i didnt see restore windows 7, 8, 8.1 , 10so im asking because its hard for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-windowsold-on-windows-8/ceef6540-36a8-45bb-a1fd-00d9d7574d71
  4. Reseting windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting windows 8: Hello, Everyone. I need some help with resetting my pc . Well i got a MSI Ghost Pro with windows 8 and lately i've been having trouble with things on my PC most likely because i installed a dumb game cheat wich made my PC slow. So i wanted to reset it. Well the problem is...
  5. Reseting windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reseting windows 8: Hello, Everyone. I need some help with resetting my pc . Well i got a MSI Ghost Pro with windows 8 and lately i've been having trouble with things on my PC most likely because i installed a dumb game cheat wich made my PC slow. So i wanted to reset it. Well the problem is...
  6. Windows 10 on a laptop with windows 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on a laptop with windows 8: A friend asked me to install windows on his laptop (thinkpad twist) and I noticed that on the back it has a Windows 8 sticker. I've heard these laptops come with the license key installed on the motherboard or smth like that. But I'd rather install windows 10. Is there any...
  7. Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings: Hello everyone! So I was having problems with something so I had to reset my windows using the media software. So I made a backup drive and reset the it. After it was over some of the softwares and shortcuts were messed up, and the settings were reset as well. I was wondering...
  8. Help with resetting Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with resetting Windows 8 to Windows 10: My HP All-In-One was originally Windows 8 and I upgraded it to Windows 10. After not using it for awhile, I decided to reset all the settings and system to speed it up, and now it is stuck on the hp loading screen. It says: "Windows could not complete the installation. Please...
  9. reset\restore laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset\restore laptop: hi, im having trouble resetting my windows 10 laptop, its a fujitsu originally came with windows 8 i think. im trying all the methods ive seen online. it will begin to reset but after 30% it will say undoing apps or programs cant mind exactly. tried command method and it...
  10. Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?): Hello, So I had this laptop that I bought 5 years ago (Created my forum account on it. Really brings back memories lol!). I don't exactly remember when but it was on windows 8.1 but I upgraded it to windows 10 back then when it was released. This laptop is like my...