Windows 10: Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows 10 first came around I installed it to my Windows 8.1 laptop (Toshiba Satellite L50-B), but now that i'm looking to sell it I was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by freya99, Jun 10, 2019.

1. freya99 Win User

Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1

When Windows 10 first came around I installed it to my Windows 8.1 laptop (Toshiba Satellite L50-B), but now that i'm looking to sell it I was just wondering if a factory reset would remove Windows 10 or not? Because I know that you now have to pay for Windows 10, I don't want the value to be decreased for this laptop. Is there anyway i could remove my data from it whilst keeping windows 10?

:)

freya99, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Begins Rolling Out in Waves

Will there be an Windows.old folder created that I cannot remove after the upgrade?
    My laptop came pre-installed with windows 8, it's on a hidden partition,
    if I want to to do a factory restore from within Windows 10, does it use the hidden partition and restore to Windows 8 on my laptop?

P4-630, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Will reseting a Windows 10 laptop restore it to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - reseting laptop restore

2. Reset Windows on LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows on LAPTOP: I need to reboot my laptop into safe mode. Have tried F8 not success any suggestions. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-on-laptop/432e58a1-3598-42d2-bc89-09763dce39be
  3. restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer: i did a factory reset and cannot do anything or even see network settings on my laptop. is there any way to restore my desktop and windows 10 without a cd or password?...
  4. What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?

What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?: My laptop is too slow at the moment. I want to know that is it safe to reset/refresh the PC. My laptop came with window 8. Now updated to Window 10. Several Questions are also in the mind: 1. Why it seems that my PC is consuming the more space day by day. I mean I am not...
  5. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...
  6. reset\restore laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset\restore laptop: hi, im having trouble resetting my windows 10 laptop, its a fujitsu originally came with windows 8 i think. im trying all the methods ive seen online. it will begin to reset but after 30% it will say undoing apps or programs cant mind exactly. tried command method and it...
  7. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238
  8. Windows 10 upgrade on windows 8 laptop NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade on windows 8 laptop NOT WORKING: So I'm trying to update my asus laptop (currently running windows 8, I'm not 100% sure if its 8 or 8.1, but I'm pretty its just 8). But sometimes it freezes at the "Welcome to windows 10" screen, where it shows my name and a Next button. Other times I can get past that but It...
  9. Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%: Hello everyone. Last night I upgraded my laptop running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the media creation tool. I wanted to have a clean install, so I went into the settings and reset my PC so it would be like a clean install instead of using the ISO and booting from a usb...
  10. Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?): Hello, So I had this laptop that I bought 5 years ago (Created my forum account on it. Really brings back memories lol!). I don't exactly remember when but it was on windows 8.1 but I upgraded it to windows 10 back then when it was released. This laptop is like my...